History in Brazil as Rivaldo (41) played alongside his son Rivaldinho (18) for Mogi Mirim v XV de Piracicaba
- February 19, 2014
It’s finally happened…
History was made in Brazil overnight on Tuesday during the Campeonato Paulista match between Mogi Mirim and XV de Piracicaba.
Away from the scoreline, which ended 1-1, something special happened for the hosts as Rivaldo, now the president of Mogi Mirim, came off the bench early in the second half to play alongside his 18-year-old teenage son Rivaldinho in a professional match for the first time.
Following the game Rivaldo updated his Instagram account with a heart-felt message of joy on the historic moment in his life. Rivaldo wrote:
I want to thank God for this special day in my life when I could play with my son @ _rivaldojr in an official game. The game ended 1-1, but this day is going to be history. Thank you my God for everything you did and do in my life.
Match highlights from Mogi Mirim’s 1-1 draw with XV de Piracicaba can be seen below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]