History in Brazil as Rivaldo (41) played alongside his son Rivaldinho (18) for Mogi Mirim v XV de Piracicaba
- February 19, 2014
It’s finally happened…
History was made in Brazil overnight on Tuesday during the Campeonato Paulista match between Mogi Mirim and XV de Piracicaba.
Away from the scoreline, which ended 1-1, something special happened for the hosts as Rivaldo, now the president of Mogi Mirim, came off the bench early in the second half to play alongside his 18-year-old teenage son Rivaldinho in a professional match for the first time.
Following the game Rivaldo updated his Instagram account with a heart-felt message of joy on the historic moment in his life. Rivaldo wrote:
I want to thank God for this special day in my life when I could play with my son @ _rivaldojr in an official game. The game ended 1-1, but this day is going to be history. Thank you my God for everything you did and do in my life.
Match highlights from Mogi Mirim’s 1-1 draw with XV de Piracicaba can be seen below.
- Rivaldinho signs for Boavista
- Rivaldo (43) & his son Rivaldinho (20) both scored in 3-1 Mogi Mirim win [Video]
- 43-year-old Rivaldo makes his football comeback for Mogi Mirim in a win v Nautico [Pict...
- Brazil legend Rivaldo announces comeback at the tender age of 43 [Instagram]
- Barcelona and Brazil legend Rivaldo picks his dream team, including Zinedine Zidane
- Oldham Athletic sign 16-year-old Ronaldo, brother of Rivaldo and Trezeguet
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...