His five minute debut: Shinji Kagawa (Manchester United) v AmaZulu
- July 19, 2012
“[Shinji Kagawa] must have been standing on the touchline for 10 minutes. The ball never seemed to go out when we wanted it to. But I think he’ll probably start on Saturday [against Ajax Cape Town].” – Sir Alex Ferguson.
He was only on the pitch for a little under five minutes, yet Shinji Kagawa’s debut for Manchester United was one of the major talking points after the Red Devil’s 1-nil win over AmaZulu on Wednesday night.
Kagawa’s replaced Javier Hernandez in the dying seconds of United’s pre-season curtain raiser in Durban, after Federico Macheda’s first-half goal had put the Red Devils in the ascendancy.
Kagawa’s first touch was his most significant.
Seconds after his introduction, the £17 million signing showed a glimpse of his passing ability as he threaded a lovely ball to free Berbatov down the left hand side. Unfortunately, on that occasion the Bulgarian was flagged for a marginal offside call.
Watch Shinji Kagawa’s showreel from his debut below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”203165″]
Related link: Shinji Kagawa gives an interview to MUTV.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...