His five minute debut: Shinji Kagawa (Manchester United) v AmaZulu
- July 19, 2012
“[Shinji Kagawa] must have been standing on the touchline for 10 minutes. The ball never seemed to go out when we wanted it to. But I think he’ll probably start on Saturday [against Ajax Cape Town].” – Sir Alex Ferguson.
He was only on the pitch for a little under five minutes, yet Shinji Kagawa’s debut for Manchester United was one of the major talking points after the Red Devil’s 1-nil win over AmaZulu on Wednesday night.
Kagawa’s replaced Javier Hernandez in the dying seconds of United’s pre-season curtain raiser in Durban, after Federico Macheda’s first-half goal had put the Red Devils in the ascendancy.
Kagawa’s first touch was his most significant.
Seconds after his introduction, the £17 million signing showed a glimpse of his passing ability as he threaded a lovely ball to free Berbatov down the left hand side. Unfortunately, on that occasion the Bulgarian was flagged for a marginal offside call.
Watch Shinji Kagawa’s showreel from his debut below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”203165″]
Related link: Shinji Kagawa gives an interview to MUTV.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi