His five minute debut: Shinji Kagawa (Manchester United) v AmaZulu
- July 19, 2012
“[Shinji Kagawa] must have been standing on the touchline for 10 minutes. The ball never seemed to go out when we wanted it to. But I think he’ll probably start on Saturday [against Ajax Cape Town].” – Sir Alex Ferguson.
He was only on the pitch for a little under five minutes, yet Shinji Kagawa’s debut for Manchester United was one of the major talking points after the Red Devil’s 1-nil win over AmaZulu on Wednesday night.
Kagawa’s replaced Javier Hernandez in the dying seconds of United’s pre-season curtain raiser in Durban, after Federico Macheda’s first-half goal had put the Red Devils in the ascendancy.
Kagawa’s first touch was his most significant.
Seconds after his introduction, the £17 million signing showed a glimpse of his passing ability as he threaded a lovely ball to free Berbatov down the left hand side. Unfortunately, on that occasion the Bulgarian was flagged for a marginal offside call.
Watch Shinji Kagawa’s showreel from his debut below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”203165″]
Related link: Shinji Kagawa gives an interview to MUTV.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...