- Borussia Dortmund release incredible video of fans & players singing ‘Jingle Bells’ [Video]
- PSG want to sign Adnan Januzaj on 6 month loan from Manchester United [Le Parisien]
- West Ham release awesome Christmas video poem celebrating 2014 success [Video]
- Liverpool’s Suso got a drone for Christmas [Instagram Video]
- Crystal Palace’s Yannick Bolasie shows off his ‘tekkers’ on a hands-free Segway [Video]
His five minute debut: Shinji Kagawa (Manchester United) v AmaZulu
“[Shinji Kagawa] must have been standing on the touchline for 10 minutes. The ball never seemed to go out when we wanted it to. But I think he’ll probably start on Saturday [against Ajax Cape Town].” – Sir Alex Ferguson.
He was only on the pitch for a little under five minutes, yet Shinji Kagawa’s debut for Manchester United was one of the major talking points after the Red Devil’s 1-nil win over AmaZulu on Wednesday night.
Kagawa’s replaced Javier Hernandez in the dying seconds of United’s pre-season curtain raiser in Durban, after Federico Macheda’s first-half goal had put the Red Devils in the ascendancy.
Kagawa’s first touch was his most significant.
Seconds after his introduction, the £17 million signing showed a glimpse of his passing ability as he threaded a lovely ball to free Berbatov down the left hand side. Unfortunately, on that occasion the Bulgarian was flagged for a marginal offside call.
Watch Shinji Kagawa’s showreel from his debut below.
Related link: Shinji Kagawa gives an interview to MUTV.
- Updated: July 19, 2012