- Ronaldinho (Queretaro) produced a glorious nutmeg during 6 minute cameo v Club America [Video]
- Sebastian Giovinco two stunning golazos for Toronto FC v Dallas last night [Video]
- Liverpool v Aston Villa [Team Sheets]
- Lionel Messi fell flat on his face celebrating his 400th Barcelona goal yesterday [GIF]
- Ex Newcastle star Obafemi Martins incredible first touch & golazo for Seattle Sounders [GIF & Vine]
His 2nd first team appearance: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool) vs Fulham
- May 2, 2012
Amid the multitude of changes that, ultimately, backfired on Kenny Dalglish on Tuesday night, many Liverpool fans were left wondering why Raheem Sterling was given just 15 minutes to shine against Fulham.
Former QPR wonderkid Sterling, still only 17-years-old, is spoken off as one of the great gems in the Anfield youth set-up.
Dogged with the moniker of being the “new John Barnes,” Sterling has dazzled for England’s U17s and Liverpool’s reserves, but so far the teenager has only been handed meagre opportunities to star for the Reds’ first team.
After his impressive debut in Liverpool’s 2-1 home defeat to Wigan back in March, Sterling was brought off the bench in the final quarter-hour as the Cottagers recorded their first ever league win on Merseyside at the 49th attempt.
Raheem Sterling showed plenty of pace and composure in his cameo. The young Englishman lifted the crowd upon his arrival, and he provided one cross onto the head of Andy Carroll which stood out. Hopefully his energy and enthusiasm will supply him with more minutes as the season comes to a close.
Related: Highlights of Liverpool 0 – Fulham 1.