His 1st video interview: Liverpool sign Philippe Coutinho for £8.5m
- January 30, 2013
Liverpool have locked up their second exciting signing of the January transfer window.
Philippe Coutinho, a 20-year-old Brazilian midfielder, has completed a non-specific “long-term deal” to Anfield from Inter Milan. The transfer fee was a reported £8.5m.
As could be expected for a young man completing a major move to a new country, Coutinho’s first opportunity to speak into the camera produced a series of classic cliches and high hopes.
I’m feeling very happy, it’s a very important step in my career and I’m expecting to come here and play good football to give my contribution on the pitch… Liverpool is a great club with great players. We’ve always heard about Liverpool’s history in Brazil. They are the club that have been interested in me and that have showed this interest so I know they believe in me and my football.
Watch Philippe Coutinho’s first Liverpool interview below.
(Below the fold is a comedy photoshop picture from Coutinho’s contract signing.)
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...