His 1st video interview: Liverpool sign Philippe Coutinho for £8.5m
- January 30, 2013
Liverpool have locked up their second exciting signing of the January transfer window.
Philippe Coutinho, a 20-year-old Brazilian midfielder, has completed a non-specific “long-term deal” to Anfield from Inter Milan. The transfer fee was a reported £8.5m.
As could be expected for a young man completing a major move to a new country, Coutinho’s first opportunity to speak into the camera produced a series of classic cliches and high hopes.
I’m feeling very happy, it’s a very important step in my career and I’m expecting to come here and play good football to give my contribution on the pitch… Liverpool is a great club with great players. We’ve always heard about Liverpool’s history in Brazil. They are the club that have been interested in me and that have showed this interest so I know they believe in me and my football.
Watch Philippe Coutinho’s first Liverpool interview below.
(Below the fold is a comedy photoshop picture from Coutinho’s contract signing.)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi