- A hilarious dribbling FAIL from Mexico! Yorleys Mena (Morelia) v Leon [Video]
- Exclusive Offer: Back Chelsea at 3/1 to advance past Liverpool into the Capital One Cup final!!!
- Arsenal loanee Ryo Miyaichi scores lovely goal for Jong FC Twente vs Jong PSV [Video]
- Bojan & Victor Moses score sublime goals in 4-1 Stoke FA Cup win at Rochdale [Official Video]
- Rochdale fans troll Robbie Savage with chant during FA Cup defeat to Stoke [Video]
His 1st video interview: Liverpool sign Philippe Coutinho for £8.5m
Liverpool have locked up their second exciting signing of the January transfer window.
Philippe Coutinho, a 20-year-old Brazilian midfielder, has completed a non-specific “long-term deal” to Anfield from Inter Milan. The transfer fee was a reported £8.5m.
As could be expected for a young man completing a major move to a new country, Coutinho’s first opportunity to speak into the camera produced a series of classic cliches and high hopes.
I’m feeling very happy, it’s a very important step in my career and I’m expecting to come here and play good football to give my contribution on the pitch… Liverpool is a great club with great players. We’ve always heard about Liverpool’s history in Brazil. They are the club that have been interested in me and that have showed this interest so I know they believe in me and my football.
Watch Philippe Coutinho’s first Liverpool interview below.
(Below the fold is a comedy photoshop picture from Coutinho’s contract signing.)
- Updated: January 30, 2013