Hilarious! Captain Thomas Vermaelen got the Arsenal mascot to hide Spurs’ crest during the pre-game pomp [Vine]
- January 4, 2014
An Arsenal fan made a comedy video at the start of the North London Derby by recording an incident in reverse.
The video made it seem like Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen pulled a brilliant stunt before the kick off with Tottenham, as the Arsenal captain trolled his opponents via a young mascot in the pre-game pomp.
As Vermaelen was stood next to a linesman in the pre-game handshake line, the Belgian defender instructed his mascot to turn a placard with Spurs’ crest and club information.
Of course the opposite was indeed what really happened – Vermaelen got the mascot to reveal the Spurs plaque for the cameras – however most people were happily duped into enjoying the video in reverse.
Watch the hilarious Vine video of the incident below, along with a GIF of what really happened.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...