Hilarious! Captain Thomas Vermaelen got the Arsenal mascot to hide Spurs’ crest during the pre-game pomp [Vine]
An Arsenal fan made a comedy video at the start of the North London Derby by recording an incident in reverse.
The video made it seem like Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen pulled a brilliant stunt before the kick off with Tottenham, as the Arsenal captain trolled his opponents via a young mascot in the pre-game pomp.
As Vermaelen was stood next to a linesman in the pre-game handshake line, the Belgian defender instructed his mascot to turn a placard with Spurs’ crest and club information.
Of course the opposite was indeed what really happened – Vermaelen got the mascot to reveal the Spurs plaque for the cameras – however most people were happily duped into enjoying the video in reverse.
Watch the hilarious Vine video of the incident below, along with a GIF of what really happened.
Watch Live Stream
- Jack Wilshere responds to Jamie Redknapp’s prediction that he won’t return to ArsenalOctober 24, 2016
- Nigerian billionaire Aliko Dangote talks about his Arsenal takeover plans (BBC Audio)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal to rescue Yaya Toure from Man City [Express]October 23, 2016
- Arsenal’s Mesut Ozil & Man United’s Zlatan Ibrahimovic slammed on the BBC (Video)October 23, 2016
- Arsenal & West Ham battling it out for Thomas Vermaelen [Sport]August 2, 2016
- Liverpool make €10m offer to Barcelona for Thomas Vermaelan [Sport]April 27, 2016
- Barcelona’s Thomas Vermaelen: “Don’t ever think Arsenal is out” (Video)March 13, 2016
- Japanese Barcelona fans stay silent as Vermaelen passes before going nuts for Iniesta (Video)December 15, 2015
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has been charged with violent conductOctober 24, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016