- Kazuyoshi Miura (48) scores second goal of the season in Japanese 2nd tier [Video]
- The best Tweets as Aston Villa beat Liverpool 2-1 to reach the FA Cup final
- Steven Gerrard slammed by Liverpool fans after FA Cup defeat to Aston Villa [Best Tweets]
- Michael Owen slated hard on Twitter during first half of Aston Villa v Liverpool [Best Tweets]
- Gareth Bale out of Atletico Madrid 2nd leg, will miss 2-4 weeks [Cope]
Hilarious! Captain Thomas Vermaelen got the Arsenal mascot to hide Spurs’ crest during the pre-game pomp [Vine]
- January 4, 2014
An Arsenal fan made a comedy video at the start of the North London Derby by recording an incident in reverse.
The video made it seem like Arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen pulled a brilliant stunt before the kick off with Tottenham, as the Arsenal captain trolled his opponents via a young mascot in the pre-game pomp.
As Vermaelen was stood next to a linesman in the pre-game handshake line, the Belgian defender instructed his mascot to turn a placard with Spurs’ crest and club information.
Of course the opposite was indeed what really happened – Vermaelen got the mascot to reveal the Spurs plaque for the cameras – however most people were happily duped into enjoying the video in reverse.
Watch the hilarious Vine video of the incident below, along with a GIF of what really happened.