- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas hits back at Sergio Ramos’ Spain criticisms: ‘Say it to my face!’ [Sport]
- “Amazing! Top football!” Jose Mourinho on Chelsea’s 5-0 win at Schalke [Video]
- Man City fly in Monaco’s Layvin Kurzawa on a private jet, but left-back sees Bayern game in his hotel
- Enfield’s Edgar Davids! Spurs fans have prepared a new Ryan Mason flag!
- Man United may move for Wesley Sneijder after he was dropped by Galatasaray [Star]
Heurelho Gomes confirms on Instagram that he is leaving Spurs for PSV
Brazilian keeper Heurelho Gomes looks rather pleased to be returning to PSV in the picture above – and who can blame him.
The current third choice Tottenham goalkeeper added the following tag line to the image: “Good morning! Of To Eindhoven ! God bless you all.”
Gomes was a major success in his first season at Tottenham, helping the north London side into the Champions League.
The following campaign was more difficult for the Brazilian nicknamed “The Octopus” and he eventually lost his place to Brad Friedel at the start of the next season.
Once Hugo Lloris arrived at Spurs the writing was on the wall, but Gomes has been kicking his heels despite being a very talented shot stopper.
It is not clear whether Gomes has left Spurs to return to PSV Eindhoven permanently or just for a loan spell, this will likely become clearer in the coming days.
New Spurs boss Tim Sherwood has attempted to promote youth at every opportunity – shifting Gomes is presumably aimed at Jordan Archer getting close to the first team squad.
At 32-years-old, Gomes has an opportunity to reassert himself at PSV where he was a legendary keeper for the Eindhoven side.
- Updated: January 26, 2014