- Falcao squeezes Marouane Fellaini’s afro as Juan Mata posts that United’s Spanish-speaking contingent are ready for Hull
- Arsenal on verge of signing 15-year-old Real Madrid starlet Gorka Zabarte Moreno [Marca]
- Bayern midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger’s return from injury against Hoffenheim [Bundesliga Video]
- How’s my driving? Sergio Busquets startles Barcelona teammates Lionel Messi and Gerard Pique [Video]
- Alvaro Arbeloa says he doesn’t understand Platini’s problem and endorses Ronaldo to retain Ballon d’Or
He’s done it again! Geoff Shreeves tells Rafa Benitez the Chelsea fans hate him
Sky Sports touchline reporter Geoff Shreeves must be one of the most tactless men walking the earth.
Infamously, Shreeves told Branislav Ivanovic he would not be playing in the Champions League final after the Serb defender had put in an epic performance, but picked up a booking, in last season’s semi-final second leg aggregate victory for Chelsea at Barcelona.
Today, Shreeves was up to his old tricks and he laid it on thick to Rafa Benitez as the new Chelsea boss tried to explain his side’s 0-0 draw with Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Shreeves tells Benitez, that the reception from Chelsea fans “was absolutely awful.” And then rubs it in by saying to the Spaniard: “the entire crowd booed you and said ‘we don’t want you here’.”
Watch Shreeves put his foot in it again and compare with the infamous Branislav Ivanovic interview on the second video below.
- Updated: November 25, 2012