He’s done it again! Geoff Shreeves tells Rafa Benitez the Chelsea fans hate him
- November 25, 2012
Sky Sports touchline reporter Geoff Shreeves must be one of the most tactless men walking the earth.
Infamously, Shreeves told Branislav Ivanovic he would not be playing in the Champions League final after the Serb defender had put in an epic performance, but picked up a booking, in last season’s semi-final second leg aggregate victory for Chelsea at Barcelona.
Today, Shreeves was up to his old tricks and he laid it on thick to Rafa Benitez as the new Chelsea boss tried to explain his side’s 0-0 draw with Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Shreeves tells Benitez, that the reception from Chelsea fans “was absolutely awful.” And then rubs it in by saying to the Spaniard: “the entire crowd booed you and said ‘we don’t want you here’.”
Watch Shreeves put his foot in it again and compare with the infamous Branislav Ivanovic interview on the second video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”262618″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...