He’s done it again! Geoff Shreeves tells Rafa Benitez the Chelsea fans hate him
- November 25, 2012
Sky Sports touchline reporter Geoff Shreeves must be one of the most tactless men walking the earth.
Infamously, Shreeves told Branislav Ivanovic he would not be playing in the Champions League final after the Serb defender had put in an epic performance, but picked up a booking, in last season’s semi-final second leg aggregate victory for Chelsea at Barcelona.
Today, Shreeves was up to his old tricks and he laid it on thick to Rafa Benitez as the new Chelsea boss tried to explain his side’s 0-0 draw with Manchester City at Stamford Bridge on Sunday.
Shreeves tells Benitez, that the reception from Chelsea fans “was absolutely awful.” And then rubs it in by saying to the Spaniard: “the entire crowd booed you and said ‘we don’t want you here’.”
Watch Shreeves put his foot in it again and compare with the infamous Branislav Ivanovic interview on the second video below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”262618″]
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]