- Didier Drogba eats Mark Schwarzer’s Aussie Vegemite on Chelsea TV [Video]
- Manchester United plan to sell Di Maria to PSG in order to fund Gareth Bale transfer (!) [Express]
- Wigan chairman Dave Whelan facing FA probe over ‘Jews love money’ remark [Backpages]
- Gee Willickers! DC Comics block Valencia’s bat logo registration due to Batman similarity
- Sheffield United release statement retracting decision to allow Ched Evans train
Henrikh Mkhitaryan heading to Liverpool for a medical, will sign for £22m [Itar-Tass]
The rumours have been flying all week and now it appears Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan is close to signing for Liverpool.
Russian news agency Itar-Tass report today that Henrikh Mkhitaryan is on his way to Liverpool for a medical via flights from Moscow and London.
Mkhitaryan left the Armenian capital Yerevan this morning at 08:27 this morning, arriving in Moscow at 11:00.
Itar-Tass say the news that Mkhitaryan is on his way to Liverpool for a medical has been confirmed to them by “sources” at Shakhtar Donetsk.
Liverpool will officially announce the signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan in the next 2-3 days for a fee of 22 million pounds.
As we have been writing all week, the signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan is a real coup for Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers with the Armenian bringing game intelligence and crucially, goals from midfield at Anfield.
- Updated: June 20, 2013