Henrikh Mkhitaryan heading to Liverpool for a medical, will sign for £22m [Itar-Tass]
- June 20, 2013
The rumours have been flying all week and now it appears Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan is close to signing for Liverpool.
Russian news agency Itar-Tass report today that Henrikh Mkhitaryan is on his way to Liverpool for a medical via flights from Moscow and London.
Mkhitaryan left the Armenian capital Yerevan this morning at 08:27 this morning, arriving in Moscow at 11:00.
Itar-Tass say the news that Mkhitaryan is on his way to Liverpool for a medical has been confirmed to them by “sources” at Shakhtar Donetsk.
Liverpool will officially announce the signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan in the next 2-3 days for a fee of 22 million pounds.
As we have been writing all week, the signing of Henrikh Mkhitaryan is a real coup for Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers with the Armenian bringing game intelligence and crucially, goals from midfield at Anfield.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...