Heavily linked to Juventus & Chelsea, Xabi Alonso signs new two year contract at Real Madrid [Marca]
With less than 6 months left on his Real Madrid contract, lots of top clubs were sniffing around Spanish central Midfielder Xabi Alonso.
The ex-Liverpool man was being heavily linked to many clubs, notably Juventus, Chelsea and Liverpool.
According to Spanish newspaper Marca, Xabi Alonso has today agreed a two year contract extension at Real Madrid.
Top European clubs Juventus and Chelsea will be disappointed to miss out on the chance to sign the 32 year old passing extrordinaire on a free.
Xabi Alonso later confirmed the contract reports on his Twitter.
Esta seguirá siendo mi casa por dos años más. Un placer comunicároslo. Muy muy feliz ¡¡Hala Madrid!! pic.twitter.com/hURnYccz3W
— Xabi Alonso (@XabiAlonso) January 8, 2014
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas celebrates his glorious career & his days at Arsenal [Instagram]October 28, 2016
- Eye-opening shooting stats make good reading for Chelsea & Liverpool fans [Opta]October 28, 2016
- Chelsea legend Frank Lampard reveals who his best friends in football are (Video)October 27, 2016
- Police investigating West Ham fans over homophobic flyer about Chelsea’s John TerryOctober 27, 2016
- Man United legend Patrice Evra dresses up as a panda to fight racism in awesome Instagram videoOctober 27, 2016
- Juventus aren’t interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan at this moment [Fabrizio Romano]October 27, 2016
- Mino Raiola’s exact payday from Paul Pogba’s move to Man United is revealed to Juve’s shareholdersOctober 25, 2016
- Gianluigi Donnarumma made a world-class save to secure AC Milan’s win v Juventus (Video)October 22, 2016
- A huge club ‘tried to hire Pep Guardiola’ in NovemberOctober 27, 2016
- Ronaldo makes confession about famous Compostela goal that will anger Barcelona fansOctober 27, 2016
- Nacho’s wonder strike has Gareth Bale working on his technique [Instagram]October 27, 2016
- Real Madrid slammed for how they left their dressing room at Cultural Leonesa (video)October 27, 2016