Heartwarming: Malmö & Norrköping spontaneously stop play to honour the late Ivan Turina
- May 4, 2013
Both the country of Sweden and it’s football family were shook with the news that AIK’s Swedish goalkeeper Ivan Turina died in his sleep of a suspected heart attack between last Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
Malmö – Norrköping was the first top flight match since the tragic moment, and they duly paid their fellow countryman a wonderful homage.
In the 27th minute, a picture of the late Ivan Turina appeared on the big screen, and the players spontaneously stopped playing, without having prearranged anything.
The whole stadium – fans, staff, and players, united in a minute’s applause to pay tribute to Turina.
An awesome, heart-warming moment that showed how empathetic football always is with colleagues.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi