Heartwarming: Malmö & Norrköping spontaneously stop play to honour the late Ivan Turina
- May 4, 2013
Both the country of Sweden and it’s football family were shook with the news that AIK’s Swedish goalkeeper Ivan Turina died in his sleep of a suspected heart attack between last Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
Malmö – Norrköping was the first top flight match since the tragic moment, and they duly paid their fellow countryman a wonderful homage.
In the 27th minute, a picture of the late Ivan Turina appeared on the big screen, and the players spontaneously stopped playing, without having prearranged anything.
The whole stadium – fans, staff, and players, united in a minute’s applause to pay tribute to Turina.
An awesome, heart-warming moment that showed how empathetic football always is with colleagues.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...