Heartwarming: Malmö & Norrköping spontaneously stop play to honour the late Ivan Turina
- May 4, 2013
Both the country of Sweden and it’s football family were shook with the news that AIK’s Swedish goalkeeper Ivan Turina died in his sleep of a suspected heart attack between last Wednesday night and Thursday morning.
Malmö – Norrköping was the first top flight match since the tragic moment, and they duly paid their fellow countryman a wonderful homage.
In the 27th minute, a picture of the late Ivan Turina appeared on the big screen, and the players spontaneously stopped playing, without having prearranged anything.
The whole stadium – fans, staff, and players, united in a minute’s applause to pay tribute to Turina.
An awesome, heart-warming moment that showed how empathetic football always is with colleagues.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...