- Double panna! Leverkusen’s Karim Bellarabi nutmegged 2 players with 1 pass [Official Video]
- Liverpool’s Steven Gerrard & Martin Skrtel won 0% of their tackles in 3-1 loss to Crystal Palace
- Arsenal are 11/2 to beat Borussia Dortmund in the Champions League!!!!
- Stephanie Roche tries to recreate THAT Puskas nominated goal on French TV [Video]
- Bayern Munich are 4/1 to beat Manchester City in the Champions League!!!!
He could’ve been a hero but he blew it! Marko Arnautovic’s mega miss (Austria) v Germany
“We had fewer chances and Austria should have equalised at the end.” – Joachim Loew.
One of the star matches in the last round of European World Cup qualification was Germany’s 2-1 win in Austria, however the Nationelf only managed to get over over the winning-line by the skin of their teeth.
Austria put on a superb performance for 90 minutes against the star-studded neighbours, however poor finishing denied the hosts an draw which their efforts deserved. In particular Marko Arnautovic was singled out for blame with a glaring missed seconds before the final whistle.
With three minutes to go Germany had a huge let-off as substitute Jakob Jantscher burst down the left and delivered a low cross which Werder Bremen striker Arnautovic scuffed wide from only a few yards out. It was a shocking miss, summed up by Austria coach Marcel Koller as “a head in your hands moment.”
Watch Marko Arnautovic’s miss against Germany below.
- Updated: September 12, 2012