He could’ve been a hero but he blew it! Marko Arnautovic’s mega miss (Austria) v Germany
- September 12, 2012
“We had fewer chances and Austria should have equalised at the end.” – Joachim Loew.
One of the star matches in the last round of European World Cup qualification was Germany’s 2-1 win in Austria, however the Nationelf only managed to get over over the winning-line by the skin of their teeth.
Austria put on a superb performance for 90 minutes against the star-studded neighbours, however poor finishing denied the hosts an draw which their efforts deserved. In particular Marko Arnautovic was singled out for blame with a glaring missed seconds before the final whistle.
With three minutes to go Germany had a huge let-off as substitute Jakob Jantscher burst down the left and delivered a low cross which Werder Bremen striker Arnautovic scuffed wide from only a few yards out. It was a shocking miss, summed up by Austria coach Marcel Koller as “a head in your hands moment.”
Watch Marko Arnautovic’s miss against Germany below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”229178″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi