He could’ve been a hero but he blew it! Marko Arnautovic’s mega miss (Austria) v Germany
- September 12, 2012
“We had fewer chances and Austria should have equalised at the end.” – Joachim Loew.
One of the star matches in the last round of European World Cup qualification was Germany’s 2-1 win in Austria, however the Nationelf only managed to get over over the winning-line by the skin of their teeth.
Austria put on a superb performance for 90 minutes against the star-studded neighbours, however poor finishing denied the hosts an draw which their efforts deserved. In particular Marko Arnautovic was singled out for blame with a glaring missed seconds before the final whistle.
With three minutes to go Germany had a huge let-off as substitute Jakob Jantscher burst down the left and delivered a low cross which Werder Bremen striker Arnautovic scuffed wide from only a few yards out. It was a shocking miss, summed up by Austria coach Marcel Koller as “a head in your hands moment.”
Watch Marko Arnautovic’s miss against Germany below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”229178″]
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...