- Divock Origi set to join up with Liverpool in Jan, Rodgers & co to pay Lille €6m extra [L'Equipe]
- Chelsea’s Oscar has ‘Family Fitness Day’ with his wife and sister…
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho: ‘Manchester United are very much in the title race’ [Video]
- Intercom message interrupts Van Gaal’s presser asking for a masseur, he thinks it’s a prank [Video]
- Arsenal’s Yaya Sanogo set for loan move to Premier League side this January [BBC]
Haters gon’ Hate: Rio Ferdinand defends his Qatar trip on Al Jazeera TV
The shitstorm around Rio Ferdinand’s decision to pull out of England’s World Cup qualifier to jetset to Dubai shows no signs of abating.
Rio’s official reason for pulling out is that he isn’t fully fit, though cynics see this as powder puff excuse to hide behind his personal problems with Ashley Cole.
Ferdinand has decided to fit punditry into his Dubai schedule, and explained his decision while appearing on Al Jazeera to discuss England’s match with San Marino.
Looking a bit gaunt and less cocksure than usual, Ferdinand ends up jabbering unconvincingly as to his reasons for pulling out of the squad.
Watch Rio Ferdinand explain his controversial decision to pull out of the England squad this week on the clip below.
- Updated: March 22, 2013