Harsh! Yonues Kaboul should not have been sent off for Tottenham at Chelsea after fouling Samuel Eto’o [Vine]
- March 8, 2014
Tottenham are now on the receiving end of the triple-whammy punishment.
Having held Chelsea at bay for 55 minutes on Saturday in the Premier League, Tottenham imploded in the 56th minute when a terrible Jan Vertonghen gifted Samuel Eto’o an opener.
Three minutes later Spurs shot themselves in the foot when Younes Kaboul touch the heel of Samuel Eto’o from behind, the Cameroonian fell in the box, and Chelsea won a penalty.
Tottenham’s problems were instantly compounded when Kaboul was sent off for the tackle, while the defender is now certain of serving a suspension for his dismissal.
The triple-whammy punishment (penalty, red card and suspension) left many observers feeling Kaboul was hard-done-by, and the decision was heavily criticised.
Read the best tweets arguably that referee Michael Oliver was too harsh below.
How many DREADFUL decisions are made every weekend? Decisions you can't even believe? But let's not bring in video replay…
— Scott (@R_o_M) March 8, 2014
In fairness, Chelsea, with their meagre resources, do need these sorts of generous calls to go their way.
— Tim Stillman (@LittleDutchVA) March 8, 2014
How the fuck can you give that with that view? Utterly dismal refereeing.
— James Maw (@JamesMawFFT) March 8, 2014
Bad to worse “@thespursweb: Younes Kaboul will now miss the North London derby against Arsenal at White Hart Lane.”
— Simon Peach (@SimonPeach) March 8, 2014
The Chelsea penalty is one to show all referees to teach them common sense.it was a penalty but it's not a sending off.know the game.
— Robert Earnshaw (@RobertEarnshaw) March 8, 2014
The worst thing for Spurs here is that, it wasn't even like Chelsea transformed after half-time. They've gifted them the game.
— Miguel Delaney (@MiguelDelaney) March 8, 2014
Not a penalty, let alone a red card. Shocking decision.
— Mike Keegan (@mikekeeganmen) March 8, 2014
Spurs should punish Kaboul by selling him and buying him back for the 4th time.
— Nooruddean (@BeardedGenius) March 8, 2014
- Drake scores a penalty past Chelsea legend Didier Drogba [Instagram video]
- Chelsea YouTuber @feroze17 welcomes Radamel Falcao to the club with classy video
- Diego Costa smashes into people and scores nutmeg during futsal friendly in Kuwait [Video]
- Diego Costa says he’d love to have Arda Turan and his kebabs at Chelsea [Bugün]
- John Terry puts in comedic performance in new ad for Chelsea HD TV [Video]
- Fiorentina threaten to take legal action after Mohamed Salah backs out of loan agreement
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi