Harsh! Yonues Kaboul should not have been sent off for Tottenham at Chelsea after fouling Samuel Eto’o [Vine]
- March 8, 2014
Tottenham are now on the receiving end of the triple-whammy punishment.
Having held Chelsea at bay for 55 minutes on Saturday in the Premier League, Tottenham imploded in the 56th minute when a terrible Jan Vertonghen gifted Samuel Eto’o an opener.
Three minutes later Spurs shot themselves in the foot when Younes Kaboul touch the heel of Samuel Eto’o from behind, the Cameroonian fell in the box, and Chelsea won a penalty.
Tottenham’s problems were instantly compounded when Kaboul was sent off for the tackle, while the defender is now certain of serving a suspension for his dismissal.
The triple-whammy punishment (penalty, red card and suspension) left many observers feeling Kaboul was hard-done-by, and the decision was heavily criticised.
Read the best tweets arguably that referee Michael Oliver was too harsh below.
How many DREADFUL decisions are made every weekend? Decisions you can't even believe? But let's not bring in video replay…
— Scott (@R_o_M) March 8, 2014
In fairness, Chelsea, with their meagre resources, do need these sorts of generous calls to go their way.
— Tim Stillman (@LittleDutchVA) March 8, 2014
How the fuck can you give that with that view? Utterly dismal refereeing.
— James Maw (@JamesMawFFT) March 8, 2014
Bad to worse “@thespursweb: Younes Kaboul will now miss the North London derby against Arsenal at White Hart Lane.”
— Simon Peach (@SimonPeach) March 8, 2014
The Chelsea penalty is one to show all referees to teach them common sense.it was a penalty but it's not a sending off.know the game.
— Robert Earnshaw (@RobertEarnshaw) March 8, 2014
The worst thing for Spurs here is that, it wasn't even like Chelsea transformed after half-time. They've gifted them the game.
— Miguel Delaney (@MiguelDelaney) March 8, 2014
Not a penalty, let alone a red card. Shocking decision.
— Mike Keegan (@mikekeeganmen) March 8, 2014
Spurs should punish Kaboul by selling him and buying him back for the 4th time.
— Nooruddean (@BeardedGenius) March 8, 2014
- Daily Mail compare Arsenal & Chelsea through Little Englander lens
- Chelsea players know they’re the team everyone wants to beat this season (Video)
- Petr Cech ignored Mourinho to leave Chelsea, signed for Arsenal because of Wenger [Mail]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho explains the rules of the transfer window to Everton (Video)
- Jose Mourinho takes thinly veiled dig at Petr Cech’s decision to join Arsenal (Vi...
- Mourinho takes no extra satisfaction from his Wenger record, sees Arsenal as title cont...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi