Harsh! Chicago Fire supporters heckle LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan with ‘US Reject’ chants
- June 3, 2014
LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan was given a bit of stick by Chicago Fire fans last weekend in the MLS.
Donovan, the United States’ all-time leading international goalscorer, was the shock omission in Jurgen Klinnsman’s World Cup squad.
At 32-years-old, Donovan, who recently also became the MLS’ all-time leading goalscorer, is considered by many to be the finest player to ever come out of North America, and many are shocked by his exclusion from the squad.
The Chicago Fire supporters, though, aren’t sympathetic at all.
During their 1-1 draw last weekend, Donovan was heckled by ‘US Reject’ chants as he prepared to take a corner.
Donovan was also booed, while some fans threw objects in his direction.
- Steven Gerrard is told he’s nicer than David Beckham as he’s hounded by pap...
- Steven Gerrard welcomed by less than 10 LA Galaxy fans upon USA arrival [Video]
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard seen in LA Galaxy shirt on billboard; Looks miserable [...
- Former Spurs striker Robbie Keane scored a hat-trick for the LA Galaxy in the Open Cup ...
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard posts video sinking stunning 25 yard putt [Instagram]
- LA Galaxy placed a Steven Gerrard advert in today’s Liverpool Echo [Picture]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi