Harsh! Chicago Fire supporters heckle LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan with ‘US Reject’ chants
LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan was given a bit of stick by Chicago Fire fans last weekend in the MLS.
Donovan, the United States’ all-time leading international goalscorer, was the shock omission in Jurgen Klinnsman’s World Cup squad.
At 32-years-old, Donovan, who recently also became the MLS’ all-time leading goalscorer, is considered by many to be the finest player to ever come out of North America, and many are shocked by his exclusion from the squad.
The Chicago Fire supporters, though, aren’t sympathetic at all.
During their 1-1 draw last weekend, Donovan was heckled by ‘US Reject’ chants as he prepared to take a corner.
Donovan was also booed, while some fans threw objects in his direction.
Watch Live Stream
- Serie A giants hold talks with Steven Gerrard [Independent]November 18, 2016
- Robbie Keane leaves LA Galaxy – posts awesome statement on InstagramNovember 18, 2016
- Liverpool legend Steven Gerrard posts lengthy message on Instagram after LA Galaxy departureNovember 15, 2016
- Steven Gerrard confirms his LA stay is over. Seems set to return to Liverpool [Instagram]November 14, 2016
- Marcelo Bielsa needs big money & Landon Donovan to become the USA boss [ESPN]November 22, 2016
- LA Galaxy players chant for Landon Donovan to play for ‘One More Year’ [Video]December 12, 2014
- LA Galaxy tribute video for Landon Donovan [VIDEO]December 9, 2014
- La Galaxy’s Robbie Keane: ‘It’s been an honor to play with Landon Donovan’ [Video]December 5, 2014