- Real Madrid’s Dani Carvajal smashed up a controller after Isco beat him in FIFA [Tweets]
- Real Madrid president Florentino Perez says he’d be ‘delighted’ to offer Carlo Ancelotti new contract
- Stats comparison: Liverpool starlet Raheem Sterling & Arsenal man Alexis Sanchez [Graphic]
- Barcelona stars wish their fans a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! [Video]
- Superb tribute video to Thierry Henry for his time with New York Red Bulls [KICK TV]
Harsh! Chicago Fire supporters heckle LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan with ‘US Reject’ chants
LA Galaxy forward Landon Donovan was given a bit of stick by Chicago Fire fans last weekend in the MLS.
Donovan, the United States’ all-time leading international goalscorer, was the shock omission in Jurgen Klinnsman’s World Cup squad.
At 32-years-old, Donovan, who recently also became the MLS’ all-time leading goalscorer, is considered by many to be the finest player to ever come out of North America, and many are shocked by his exclusion from the squad.
The Chicago Fire supporters, though, aren’t sympathetic at all.
During their 1-1 draw last weekend, Donovan was heckled by ‘US Reject’ chants as he prepared to take a corner.
Donovan was also booed, while some fans threw objects in his direction.
- Updated: June 3, 2014