Harry Redknapp: ‘It’s not possible that Loic Remy failed Liverpool medical, must be another reason’ [Video]
Loic Remy’s move to Liverpool looked all wrapped up over the weekend, with QPR boss Harry Redknapps even confirming the sale had been made on Saturday.
But after carrying out his medical at Melwood on Sunday, Liverpool pulled out of signing Remy, without providing the reasons behind the sudden change of mind.
Rumour abound that it was due to a heart condition that Liverpool discovered at the medical, though this isn’t clear.
QPR boss Harry Redknapp is baffled by what’s gone on, insisting that it’s impossible that Remy failed a medical – ‘there must be another reason’.
Redknapp cited Remy’s Newcastle medical, his stringent exam at QPR, as well as his recent one with France ahead of the World Cup.
The QPR boss didn’t seem overly bothered, saying that ‘their loss is my gain – I get a great striker back, who’s capable of scoring 20 goals a season’.
So if he didn’t fail his medical, then what…?
Watch Live Stream
- Harry Redknapp’s comedy interview after Jordan 8 – Bangladesh 0 (Video)March 24th, 2016
- Ex Spurs boss tipped to replace Steve McClaren at Newcastle (BBC Video)March 8th, 2016
- Harry Redknapp’s hilarious Emmanuel Adebayor story from their time at Spurs (Video)January 16th, 2016
- Harry Redknapp on his infamous panic buys and Daniel Levy’s wheeler-dealing (Videos)January 2nd, 2016
- Three lucky fans chat to former Liverpool star John Barnes on Skype (Video)May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool fans turn on UEFA as it transpires Mamadou Sakho was wrongfully banned for doping [Tweets]May 28th, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool man Steven Gerrard wishes Fernando Torres good luck in CL Final [Instagram]May 28th, 2016
- Liverpool’s Mamadou Sakho free to play after 1-month doping ban expires [L’Equipe]May 28th, 2016
- Chelsea’s Loic Remy and the Villa Park security guy go way back (Video)April 2nd, 2016
- Chelsea accept Leicester’s £11.5m bid for Loic RemyJanuary 30th, 2016
- Leicester make €10m bid for Chelsea’s Loic Remy [L’Equipe]January 27th, 2016
- Chelsea to allow Loic Remy move to Crystal Palace on loan, as long as they get Pato [Mirror]January 25th, 2016