Harry Redknapp: ‘It’s not possible that Loic Remy failed Liverpool medical, must be another reason’ [Video]
- July 28, 2014
Loic Remy’s move to Liverpool looked all wrapped up over the weekend, with QPR boss Harry Redknapps even confirming the sale had been made on Saturday.
But after carrying out his medical at Melwood on Sunday, Liverpool pulled out of signing Remy, without providing the reasons behind the sudden change of mind.
Rumour abound that it was due to a heart condition that Liverpool discovered at the medical, though this isn’t clear.
QPR boss Harry Redknapp is baffled by what’s gone on, insisting that it’s impossible that Remy failed a medical – ‘there must be another reason’.
Redknapp cited Remy’s Newcastle medical, his stringent exam at QPR, as well as his recent one with France ahead of the World Cup.
The QPR boss didn’t seem overly bothered, saying that ‘their loss is my gain – I get a great striker back, who’s capable of scoring 20 goals a season’.
So if he didn’t fail his medical, then what…?
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...