- Robinho pulls off awesome skill in charity match [video]
- Man United move for “transfer listed” Nemanja Vidic [Star Sunday]
- John Terry (34) to get a new £175k-a-week one year Chelsea deal [Star & Express]
- Arsenal set for 20m William Carvalho bid [Mail on Sunday]
- West Ham may lose Big Sam after the season & Irons may sell 20% to pay off debt [Telegraph]
Harry Redknapp: ‘It’s not possible that Loic Remy failed Liverpool medical, must be another reason’ [Video]
Loic Remy’s move to Liverpool looked all wrapped up over the weekend, with QPR boss Harry Redknapps even confirming the sale had been made on Saturday.
But after carrying out his medical at Melwood on Sunday, Liverpool pulled out of signing Remy, without providing the reasons behind the sudden change of mind.
Rumour abound that it was due to a heart condition that Liverpool discovered at the medical, though this isn’t clear.
QPR boss Harry Redknapp is baffled by what’s gone on, insisting that it’s impossible that Remy failed a medical - ‘there must be another reason’.
Redknapp cited Remy’s Newcastle medical, his stringent exam at QPR, as well as his recent one with France ahead of the World Cup.
The QPR boss didn’t seem overly bothered, saying that ‘their loss is my gain – I get a great striker back, who’s capable of scoring 20 goals a season’.
So if he didn’t fail his medical, then what…?
- Updated: July 28, 2014