- Valencia’s Sofiane Feghouli has fastest top speed (35.53 km/h) in La Liga! [Video]
- Luka Modric nearly forgets his lines in Christmas message with Gareth Bale [Video]
- Cristiano Ronaldo has to hold himself from laughing at joker Coentrão during Christmas message [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers: ‘Mario Balotelli may have to get used to Liverpool bench’ [Guardian]
- ‘This is Fabregas Football’: Jose Mourinho post-Chelsea 2 – West Ham 0 [Video]
Harry Redknapp disagrees with Barton: ‘Even if Rooney didn’t smoke, he wouldn’t be better than Ronaldo’ [Video]
Joey Barton had a pretty forthright say on Wayne Rooney in a radio chinwag with Clive Woodward yesterday, arguing that he doesn’t believe Wazza is world class.
Barton did though say that Rooney should have become world class, but failed to due to his lifestyle; and that had he lived like Ronaldo, he could have become even better than the 2013 Ballon D’Or.
Barton’s manager Harry Redknapp gave his two penneth on the whole furore during his presser today, disagreeing with Joey, with a rather eyebrow raising reasoning.
Redknapp said ‘No, I wouldn’t say he’d be better than Ronaldo if he didn’t smoke’.
Who said anything about smoking? Rooney enjoys the odd ciggy on a night out, but is he actually a regular and consistent smoker as Redknapp implied?
- Updated: April 4, 2014