- Arsenal’s Jack Wilshere begins his ankle recovery in bed with Sky Sports News [Instagram]
- Robin van Persie may leave Man United to join Inter Milan for £10m [Telegraph]
- Video of the incredible rain storm that suspended Estoril v PSV
- Robin van Persie set to be replaced by Radamel Falcao for Man United v Hull [Sun]
- BassBuds deny they were behind 3 Spurs-Partizan pitch invasions
Ex-Liverpool & Leeds man Harry Kewell posted his entry for worst penalty EVER for Melbourne Heart v Sydney FC
— Mitchell (@niles1991) December 15, 2013
— Sheree Murphy (@shereemurphy) December 15, 2013
Harry Kewell, 35, posted his entry for worst penalty ever on Sunday during the Melbourne Heart’s away match at Sydney FC.
Alessandro Del Piero lit up the game in the first half with a terrific solo goal, while the hosts went into the halftime interval 2-goals up after Ranko Despotovic scored on the stroke of the break.
Melbourne had the chance to halve the deficit after the break when they won a penalty, and responsibility for the spot-kick fell onto ex-Liverpool, Leeds and Galatasaray star Harry Kewell to do the business from 12-yards.
Kewell however conspired to produce one of the worst penalties seen for a while, as the Aussie scuffed his shot badly and the ball went handsomely wide of the post.
Fox Sports commentators ripped into Kewell for his rubbish effort, which in turn provoked Kewell’s wife Sheree Murphy to call the pundits “douchbags” on her Twitter timeline.
Watch Harry Kewell’s worst penalty EVER below, together with footage of Del Piero’s solo stunner in the first half.
- Updated: December 15, 2013