Harder to Miss than Score! Connor Pain (Melbourne Victory) misses open goal v WS Wanderers
- December 28, 2013
Connor Pain’s name seems to invite a form of unfortunate nominative determinism, such is the random acts of bad luck he seems to find himself in.
The Melbourne Victory striker produced this sensational miss in his side’s 1-1 draw at Western Sydney Wanderers in this morning’s A-League fixture, somehow managing to miss a gaping open goal (although he did lose his footing at the vital moment.
Lucky for him, his miss didn’t cause his side too much Pain, as they managed a late equaliser to rescue a point.
Still though, take nothing away from the epicness of the miss!
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...