- Liverpool train ahead of FA Cup semi-final v Aston Villa [Video]
- Liverpool’s Simon Mignolet talks about his turnaround in form pre-Aston Villa [Video]
- Nacer Chadli and Andros Townsend captain game of Football-Tennis at Spurs training [Video]
- NUTS: Marseille’s Florian Thauvin pulls off slick Elastico-Nutmeg v Nantes [GIF]
- Jose Mourinho urges Manchester City not to sack old foe Pellegrini [Sun]
Harder to Miss than Score! Connor Pain (Melbourne Victory) misses open goal v WS Wanderers
- December 28, 2013
Connor Pain’s name seems to invite a form of unfortunate nominative determinism, such is the random acts of bad luck he seems to find himself in.
The Melbourne Victory striker produced this sensational miss in his side’s 1-1 draw at Western Sydney Wanderers in this morning’s A-League fixture, somehow managing to miss a gaping open goal (although he did lose his footing at the vital moment.
Lucky for him, his miss didn’t cause his side too much Pain, as they managed a late equaliser to rescue a point.
Still though, take nothing away from the epicness of the miss!