Handball? Didn’t look like it! Nemanja Matic opener ruled out for Chelsea v Aston Villa
- March 15, 2014
Not a handball! Should be 1-0 Chelsea… pic.twitter.com/UTZ5lPrQsx
— 101 Great Goals (@101greatgoals) March 15, 2014
Chelsea’s title charge took them to Villa Park on Saturday, a ground where Jose Mourinho has never won a match before (crazy stat!).
The Blues should have been leading against Aston Villa just before the break but Nemanja Matic’s goal at the back post was ruled out for handball.
Referee Chris Foy ruled the goal out for handball – looked ok to us, as we suggest in the Tweet above.
Could this be the goal that stalls the Chelsea run for the Premier League title?
- Fiorentina threaten to take legal action after Mohamed Salah backs out of loan agreement
- Chelsea youngster Mario Pasalic joins Monaco on loan as part of Falcao deal [Video]
- Done Deal: Chelsea secure season-long loan of Falcao from AS Monaco
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Juventus consider bid for Chelsea midfielder Willian [Mirror]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi