- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores 90′ free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
- Ronaldinho congatulates his former Barça teammate Leo Messi on breaking Liga goals record
Halilovic (17) isn’t moving to Spurs as the wunderkid’s dad won’t let him [Sportske Novosti]
Tottenham’s pursuit of 17-year-old Croatian wunderkid Alen Halilovic has stalled.
Tottenham had seemed set on signing the “new Luka Modric” after the North Londoners had met the Dinamo Zagreb starlet’s €15 million release clause, however now the transfer is on the verge of collapsing as the player’s dad gets involved.
In fairness, Halilovic’s dad knows a fair bit about the Beautiful Game.
Father Saed, who is a coach at Dinamo Zagreb, has negative feelings towards the Tottenham deal as Spurs appear to want to blood the teenager in their youth setup and reserves, rather than plonking the youngster straight into their first team.
Saed is adamant though that his son should be playing first team football now, but in a weird twist for an employee of Dinamo, Saed is also said to want his son to leave the Zagreb giants as he believes his son has stagnated there also.
Now at an impasse, Sportske Novosti report that Tottenham and the Halilovic family have agreed to a week’s thinking period, where after the seven day hiatus they’ll talk again about whether one of Europe’s hottest properties will move to White Hart Lane.
- Updated: August 15, 2013