Halilovic (17) isn’t moving to Spurs as the wunderkid’s dad won’t let him [Sportske Novosti]
Tottenham’s pursuit of 17-year-old Croatian wunderkid Alen Halilovic has stalled.
Tottenham had seemed set on signing the “new Luka Modric” after the North Londoners had met the Dinamo Zagreb starlet’s €15 million release clause, however now the transfer is on the verge of collapsing as the player’s dad gets involved.
In fairness, Halilovic’s dad knows a fair bit about the Beautiful Game.
Father Saed, who is a coach at Dinamo Zagreb, has negative feelings towards the Tottenham deal as Spurs appear to want to blood the teenager in their youth setup and reserves, rather than plonking the youngster straight into their first team.
Saed is adamant though that his son should be playing first team football now, but in a weird twist for an employee of Dinamo, Saed is also said to want his son to leave the Zagreb giants as he believes his son has stagnated there also.
Now at an impasse, Sportske Novosti report that Tottenham and the Halilovic family have agreed to a week’s thinking period, where after the seven day hiatus they’ll talk again about whether one of Europe’s hottest properties will move to White Hart Lane.
Watch Live Stream
- Dinamo’s Ante Coric explains why he’s rejected a move to Liverpool [Vecernji list]August 29, 2016
- Manchester City on brink of signing Croatian starlet Ante Coric from Dinamo Zagreb [Mirror]August 19, 2016
- Liverpool have submitted a €15m bid for 19-year-old Dinamo Zagreb star Ante Ćorić [tportal]July 6, 2016
- Arsenal scout Gilles Grimandi watches Dinamo Zagreb’s 17-year-old Josip Brekalo [Mirror]April 10, 2016
- Boost for Poch: Two Spurs defenders return to trainingDecember 6, 2016
- Spurs fans can rest easy over Toby AlderweireldDecember 6, 2016
- How much? Hugo Lloris collects match bonus every time Tottenham lose [Le Soir]December 6, 2016
- Tottenham v CSKA Moscow: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 6, 2016