Gylfi Sigurdsson claims wonder goal in Spurs Capital One Cup win over Hull [Video & GIF]
- October 30, 2013
Before Spurs won their first penalty shoot-out since 1994, they had opened the scoring with one of the best goals seen so far this season.
Gylfi Sigurdsson was somewhat unlucky to lose his place to Aaron Lennon in the starting line-up against Hull on Sunday and showed his displeasure with an excellent strike.
It was a far cry from Sunday’s bore-fest, with White Hart Lane responding to Andre Villas-Boas’ comments on the atmosphere and then the Capital One Cup tie produced four goals and a penalty shoot-out that ended 8-7.
But it was Sigurdsson who produced the most exciting moment of the match, giving Spurs the lead with a terrific turn away from the Hull defence before striking a rocket into the far corner.
It was immediately compared to Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s rocket versus Anderlecht last week and Sigurdsson is certainly one of the in-form players in Europe at the present time.
[gthumb id=”370664″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...