Gylfi Sigurdsson claims wonder goal in Spurs Capital One Cup win over Hull [Video & GIF]
Before Spurs won their first penalty shoot-out since 1994, they had opened the scoring with one of the best goals seen so far this season.
Gylfi Sigurdsson was somewhat unlucky to lose his place to Aaron Lennon in the starting line-up against Hull on Sunday and showed his displeasure with an excellent strike.
It was a far cry from Sunday’s bore-fest, with White Hart Lane responding to Andre Villas-Boas’ comments on the atmosphere and then the Capital One Cup tie produced four goals and a penalty shoot-out that ended 8-7.
But it was Sigurdsson who produced the most exciting moment of the match, giving Spurs the lead with a terrific turn away from the Hull defence before striking a rocket into the far corner.
It was immediately compared to Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s rocket versus Anderlecht last week and Sigurdsson is certainly one of the in-form players in Europe at the present time.
[gthumb id=”370664″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Gylfi Sigurdsson gives Iceland the lead in Holland; Cillessen still can’t save penalties (V...
- Ex-Arsenal man Martin Keown panned for saying Alfie Sigurdsson is good for Swansea [Vine & T...
- Which player has covered the most distance in a Premier League 2014/2015 match?!
- Fan Footage: Gylfi Sigurdsson’s quality volley for Iceland v Holland
- Spurs brilliantly organise the ‘Ben Davies’ cup ft Dele Alli and other stars (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Former Spurs & Arsenal defender Sol Campbell attracts haters for calling out a shop worker o...
- Spurs starlet Dele Alli Tweets an amusing Kyle Walker Vine video