Gutted!!! Giuseppe Rossi appears to have seriously injured his knee for a third time
Fiorentina’s 1-0 win over Livorno has come at a heavy cost.
It is feared that Fiorentina striker Giuseppe Rossi, Serie A’s current top scorer, has damaged the cruciate in his right knee for a third time.
Rossi departed after falling badly on 71 minutes and he is set to undergo tests in the coming hours to assess the situation.
The former Manchester United and Villarreal forward has spent years out of the game and there are now serious fears that this could be the end of his career.
In the short term this is bad news for Fiorentina’s top 3 hopes as well as Italy’s World Cup chances.
A fully fit Rossi had a real opportunity to make an impact in Brazil.
Seriously gutted for one of the good guys in football.
Watch Live Stream
- There’s been some big hints Fiorentina’s Marcos Alonso is joining ChelseaAugust 31, 2016
- Updates on Chelsea’s pursuit of Fiorentina’s Marcos Alonso [Fabrizio Romano]August 30, 2016
- Chelsea set to sign Fiorentina’s Marcos Alonso [Marca]August 28, 2016
- Gonzalo Higuain scores Juventus winner 9 minutes into debut v Fiorentina (Official video)August 20, 2016
- Gutted! Chile’s Junior Fernandes breaks leg in horror injury, out of the World Cup [video]April 17, 2014
- A horrific ankle break you don’t want to see: Marko Biskupovic (Universidad Catolica) v Santiago WanderersMarch 18, 2014
- Ouch! Thibaut Courtois takes a knee to the headMarch 15, 2014
- DISGRACE! Almeria’s Hélder Barbosa got away with a shocking two footed lunge on Atletico’s Tiago [Video]February 9, 2014
- Former Man United striker Giuseppe Rossi scores on his Levante debut (Video)January 31, 2016
- Giuseppe Rossi almost scored a wondergoal on his Levante debut (Video)January 25, 2016
- Clickbait: BBC link Liverpool with Fiorentina striker Giuseppe RossiDecember 24, 2015
- No Giuseppe Rossi! Fiorentina striker left out of Italy’s World Cup squadJune 1, 2014