Gutted!!! Giuseppe Rossi appears to have seriously injured his knee for a third time
- January 5, 2014
Fiorentina’s 1-0 win over Livorno has come at a heavy cost.
It is feared that Fiorentina striker Giuseppe Rossi, Serie A’s current top scorer, has damaged the cruciate in his right knee for a third time.
Rossi departed after falling badly on 71 minutes and he is set to undergo tests in the coming hours to assess the situation.
The former Manchester United and Villarreal forward has spent years out of the game and there are now serious fears that this could be the end of his career.
In the short term this is bad news for Fiorentina’s top 3 hopes as well as Italy’s World Cup chances.
A fully fit Rossi had a real opportunity to make an impact in Brazil.
Seriously gutted for one of the good guys in football.
- Fiorentina v AC Milan: Watch a Live Stream
- Chelsea 0 – Fiorentina 1: Blues suffer a second defeat in a row (Highlights)
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma produces hilariously over-enthusiastic foul in friendly v Fi...
- Gonzalo Rodriguez fired Fiorentina ahead v Chelsea after an Asmir Begovic save (Video)
- Watch Thomas Vermaelen’s superb all-or-nothing tackle in Barcelona’s defeat...
- Chelsea v Fiorentina
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...