Gutted!!! Giuseppe Rossi appears to have seriously injured his knee for a third time
- January 5, 2014
Fiorentina’s 1-0 win over Livorno has come at a heavy cost.
It is feared that Fiorentina striker Giuseppe Rossi, Serie A’s current top scorer, has damaged the cruciate in his right knee for a third time.
Rossi departed after falling badly on 71 minutes and he is set to undergo tests in the coming hours to assess the situation.
The former Manchester United and Villarreal forward has spent years out of the game and there are now serious fears that this could be the end of his career.
In the short term this is bad news for Fiorentina’s top 3 hopes as well as Italy’s World Cup chances.
A fully fit Rossi had a real opportunity to make an impact in Brazil.
Seriously gutted for one of the good guys in football.
- Fiorentina threaten to take legal action after Mohamed Salah backs out of loan agreement
- Mohamed Salah’s move from Chelsea to Fiorentina should be done within 48 hours [TMW]
- Inter Milan contact Chelsea over Mohamed Salah & Juan Cuadrado [GdS]
- Chelsea keen to use Mohamed Salah in €65m deal for Antoine Griezmann [GdS]
- Chelsea demand €25m for Mohamed Salah; Atletico Madrid are keen [Di Marzio]
- Chelsea loanee Mohamed Salah scores superb solo goal for Fiorentina [Vine]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi