Gus Poyet unveiled as Sunderland manager amid minimal fanfare, wants no Di Canio comparisons
- October 8, 2013
Gus Poyet was unveiled at the Stadium of Light today…to a man and his dog.
The Uruguayan’s Sunderland appointment didn’t exactly provoke a mass influx of journos to the north-east, perhaps confirming the feeling that his lack of Premier League experience would make him an unglamorous choice.
Crowded or not, Poyet got his points across to the few who did turn up, explaining that his primary job is to get the Sunderland players to believe in the cause; while also going on to say he won’t be having any of the tenuous Di Canio comparisons doing the rounds, insisting ‘we’re all different, doesn’t mean I’m better or worse, but I don’t want to be compared to anybody.’
Watch Gus Poyet’s decidedly low-key unveiling as Sunderland manager on the three clips below.
[gthumb id=”362937″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”362940″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”362943″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...