Gus Poyet unveiled as Sunderland manager amid minimal fanfare, wants no Di Canio comparisons
- October 8, 2013
Gus Poyet was unveiled at the Stadium of Light today…to a man and his dog.
The Uruguayan’s Sunderland appointment didn’t exactly provoke a mass influx of journos to the north-east, perhaps confirming the feeling that his lack of Premier League experience would make him an unglamorous choice.
Crowded or not, Poyet got his points across to the few who did turn up, explaining that his primary job is to get the Sunderland players to believe in the cause; while also going on to say he won’t be having any of the tenuous Di Canio comparisons doing the rounds, insisting ‘we’re all different, doesn’t mean I’m better or worse, but I don’t want to be compared to anybody.’
Watch Gus Poyet’s decidedly low-key unveiling as Sunderland manager on the three clips below.
[gthumb id=”362937″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”362940″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”362943″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi