Gus Poyet unveiled as Sunderland manager amid minimal fanfare, wants no Di Canio comparisons
- October 8, 2013
Gus Poyet was unveiled at the Stadium of Light today…to a man and his dog.
The Uruguayan’s Sunderland appointment didn’t exactly provoke a mass influx of journos to the north-east, perhaps confirming the feeling that his lack of Premier League experience would make him an unglamorous choice.
Crowded or not, Poyet got his points across to the few who did turn up, explaining that his primary job is to get the Sunderland players to believe in the cause; while also going on to say he won’t be having any of the tenuous Di Canio comparisons doing the rounds, insisting ‘we’re all different, doesn’t mean I’m better or worse, but I don’t want to be compared to anybody.’
Watch Gus Poyet’s decidedly low-key unveiling as Sunderland manager on the three clips below.
[gthumb id=”362937″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”362940″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”362943″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...