- Liverpool’s Raheem Sterling: ‘I shaved my head ‘cos I wasn’t scoring, so now I’m keeping this style!’ [Video]
- Real Madrid wouldn’t sell Gareth Bale ‘for €300m’, believe he can win Ballon D’Or one day [Marca]
- Bacary Sagna post West Brom 1 – Man City 3: ‘It was nearly impossible in the snow!’ [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers confirms Brad Jones has a thigh strain post-Burnley 0 – Liverpool 1 [Video]
- ‘We were good’: Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho not getting carried away with West Ham win [Video]
Gus Poyet unveiled as Sunderland manager amid minimal fanfare, wants no Di Canio comparisons
Gus Poyet was unveiled at the Stadium of Light today…to a man and his dog.
The Uruguayan’s Sunderland appointment didn’t exactly provoke a mass influx of journos to the north-east, perhaps confirming the feeling that his lack of Premier League experience would make him an unglamorous choice.
Crowded or not, Poyet got his points across to the few who did turn up, explaining that his primary job is to get the Sunderland players to believe in the cause; while also going on to say he won’t be having any of the tenuous Di Canio comparisons doing the rounds, insisting ‘we’re all different, doesn’t mean I’m better or worse, but I don’t want to be compared to anybody.’
Watch Gus Poyet’s decidedly low-key unveiling as Sunderland manager on the three clips below.
[gthumb id="362937" size="large" autoplay="1"]
[gthumb id="362940" size="large" autoplay="1"]
[gthumb id="362943" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: October 8, 2013