Gus Poyet presser post Chelsea 1 – Sunderland 2: If I was Jose Mourinho I’d be mad too!
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet was “not surprised” that his bottom-of-the-table team beat Chelsea on Saturday tea time.
For many it was a huge shock, but Poyet pointed out that his Sunderland side usually play better against the top sides in the Premier League.
Poyet was then predictably asked about the late penalty decision that gave Sunderland victory at Stamford Bridge.
And, the Uruguayan admitted he “never expected” to get a decision at Chelsea, where he spent a few years as a player.
Finally, Poyet said he felt for Jose Mourinho and his staff and would have acted in a similar manner…
Watch Live Stream
- Chelsea v West Brom: Premier League preview, line-ups & predictionsDecember 10, 2016
- Two Chelsea legends return to the club during MLS off-seasonDecember 10, 2016
- David Luiz claims he’s ready to take over from Chelsea legend John TerryDecember 10, 2016
- Chelsea boss reveals damage caused by Sergio Aguero’s tackle on David LuizDecember 10, 2016
- The Times report that Gus Poyet’s tenure as Sunderland boss is overMarch 16, 2015
- Gus Poyet & Tim Sherwood after Sunderland 0 – Aston Villa 4 [video]March 14, 2015
- Official video of Gus Poyet & Steve Bruce’s touchline scuffle during Hull v SunderlandMarch 4, 2015
- Hull boss Steve Bruce & Sunderland’s Gus Poyet get into a touchline spat [Pictures]March 3, 2015
- Even Newcastle’s Alan Shearer changes his mind about Sunderland (MOTD Videos)December 4, 2016
- Roberto Firmino & wife Larissa Pereira celebrate Liverpool 2 – Sunderland 0 (videos)November 27, 2016
- The moment Jurgen Klopp changed Liverpool v Sunderland (video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016