Gus Poyet presser post Chelsea 1 – Sunderland 2: If I was Jose Mourinho I’d be mad too!
- April 19, 2014
Sunderland boss Gus Poyet was “not surprised” that his bottom-of-the-table team beat Chelsea on Saturday tea time.
For many it was a huge shock, but Poyet pointed out that his Sunderland side usually play better against the top sides in the Premier League.
Poyet was then predictably asked about the late penalty decision that gave Sunderland victory at Stamford Bridge.
And, the Uruguayan admitted he “never expected” to get a decision at Chelsea, where he spent a few years as a player.
Finally, Poyet said he felt for Jose Mourinho and his staff and would have acted in a similar manner…
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...