- Raheem Sterling wins Tuttosport’s young player of 2014 award, Liverpool star called ‘black gold’
- Inter Milan want Aaron Lennon. Tottenham eye Fredy Guarin [Gazzetta Dello Sport]
- Brendan Rodgers beginning to doubt whether Mario Balotelli is technically good enough for Liverpool [Mail]
- Wenger on why Sanchez chose Arsenal over Liverpool: ‘Simple. Champions League continuity’ [Star]
- Man City boss Pellegrini: ‘All 3 strikers (Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic) are out for Crystal Palace’ [Video]
Gus Poyet believes Sunderland can still avoid relegation [Video]
This season’s relegation battle looks set to go right to the wire.
With bottom side Fulham just 4 points from safety, a win, essentially – no side is cut off or out of it yet, and all sides in danger of the drop have reason to believe they can avoid it.
Sunderland are one such case: 2nd from bottom on 24 points, it’s still in their hands to get out of trouble, as manager Gus Poyet said in today’s press conference.
Calling on the whole city to get behind the team, Poyet says he and his players will believe they can do it right until the last game of the season, regardless of what’s being said on the outside.
- Updated: March 14, 2014