Gunners Give In, Disarray & Sold out: Arsenal slammed in Wednesday’s back pages
- March 12, 2013
We may have seen the start of the Cheltenham Festival and a glorious performance from Barcelona but three of the big back pages in the UK take the opportunity to batter Arsenal just hours before their second leg at Bayern Munich.
With the uphill task of playing at the Allianz Arena against the runaway Bundesliga leaders in the vain hope of pegging back a 3-1 deficit, Arsene Wenger is slammed for the injury to Jack Wilshere and “resting” Wojciech Szczęsny.
The Daily Mail describe it as “Gunners Giving In” with “Wenger resting his stars to focus on a top four spot.”
John Cross in the Daily Mirror leads their back page headline of “Sold Out” with “Bayern taunting Gunners: You will never be a success if you keep getting rid of your best players.”
And, the Independent have perhaps the most worrying of all back pages: “Arsenal in disarray as Szczęsny’s mental state is questioned.”
This suggestion, comes from Arsene Wenger’s assertion in his pre-match press conference that the Polish keeper was “mentally” affected by having played so many games this season.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi