Gulf Cup Final Golazo : Emirati Omar Abdulrahman gives UAE the lead with solo stunner
- January 18, 2013
The 2013 Gulf Cup final between the UAE and Iraq was a bit epic.
A golazo apiece meant the game was taken into extra-time, the Emiratis eventually winning out 2-1.
The highlight of the showpiece was undoubtedly the opening goal of the game, scored by afro-headed Emirati Omar Abdulrahman.
Picking the ball up midway inside the Iraqi half, he weaved his way into the box, pulled off a slick feint, and finished (albeit with the aid of a deflection).
Abdulrahman’s star shone throughout the tournament. With a decisive goal and performance in the final, and with a funky look that can’t help but draw attention, the Al Ain may find himself playing further afield in the near future.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”287088″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi