- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Great marketing! Adidas destroy France’s infamous 2010 World Cup bus [Pictures & video]
France head to the World Cup with a young talented side that scraped through the play-offs against Ukraine.
Battling in Group E, alongside Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras, Les Bleus have a real chance with quality players throughout their side.
But, the ghosts of a horrible 2010 World Cup campaign, after the surprise of making the 2006 final, linger for France.
South Africa was an unmitigated disaster, Raymond Domenech lost control of way too many egos and the revolt at Knysna will live long in the memory.
So, kudos to Adidas for a marketing stunt that looks set to go viral (if it hasn’t already) but could also clear the air for Didier Deschamps’ side.
Last night, Adidas very publicly destroyed the bus that the France team infamously argued on and travelled round South Africa in one of the most disastrous World Cup campaigns in memory.
Video and pictures of the destroyed 2010 World Cup France bus can be seen above and below.
— adidas France (@adidasFR) May 26, 2014
- Updated: May 27, 2014