Graphic: Who would win if a Premier League XI took on a La Liga XI?
- January 9, 2013
Ever since the Ballon d’Or gala on Monday night and the announcement that the team of 2012 only featured players from Spain, there has been much gnashing of teeth and wailing in England.
The Daily Mail, who often have a bee in their bonnet about something, urged their readers to come up with a Premier League XI to take on Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Casillas and co.
Which is where the graphic below originates from and has been reproduced on various websites and social networks in the last 24 hours.
Whether the Premier League XI is even the best on offer is certainly open to debate. The likes of Petr Cech, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney, Juan Mata and Nemanja Vidic can count themselves rather unlucky not to be involved.
For what its worth we believe even the star studded Premier League team below would struggle against what is effectively the Spain midfield and the two best footballers on the planet!
Graphic below, have your say in the comments.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi