- A shirtless Thierry Henry reacts to New York Red Bulls 1 – New England Revolution 2 [Video]
- Still Got It! 41 year old Cuauhtemoc Blanco scores free-kick for Puebla v Santos Laguna
- (Chelsea’s) Fernando Torres has disappointing 73 minutes in AC Milan 1 – Inter 1 [Individual Highlights]
- AC Milan 1 – Inter Milan 1 [Video Highlights]
- ‘Oh No You Don’t!’ Xavi forced Messi back out onto pitch to receive guard of honour [GIF]
Graphic: Who would win if a Premier League XI took on a La Liga XI?
Ever since the Ballon d’Or gala on Monday night and the announcement that the team of 2012 only featured players from Spain, there has been much gnashing of teeth and wailing in England.
The Daily Mail, who often have a bee in their bonnet about something, urged their readers to come up with a Premier League XI to take on Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Casillas and co.
Which is where the graphic below originates from and has been reproduced on various websites and social networks in the last 24 hours.
Whether the Premier League XI is even the best on offer is certainly open to debate. The likes of Petr Cech, Ashley Cole, Wayne Rooney, Juan Mata and Nemanja Vidic can count themselves rather unlucky not to be involved.
For what its worth we believe even the star studded Premier League team below would struggle against what is effectively the Spain midfield and the two best footballers on the planet!
Graphic below, have your say in the comments.
- Updated: January 9, 2013