- Late Christmas present? Arsenal’s Olivier Giroud spotted shopping in Victoria Secret [Picture]
- Lukas Podolski: ‘In the next few days I’m going to talk to Arsene Wenger’ [Super Express]
- Chelsea send a warning letter to a fan about standing on his seat during a goal celebration [Picture]
- Chelsea announce Fernando Torres has joined AC Milan (ahead of Atletico Madrid move)
- Arsenal fan membership is confiscated for persistent standing whilst fans stand around him [Pictures]
Graphic: The values of the Spain Under-21 squad
Catalan paper Sport have used Transfermarkt to attempt to value how much Spain’s Under-21 stars would fetch in the current market.
With just a few hours to go until the Under-21 European Championship final, the young La Furia Roja side have yet to let in a goal and are clear favourites to beat Italy at Teddy Stadium in Jerusalem.
The most expensive player listed in the Spain Under-21 squad is Thiago Alcantara at 22 million euros, followed by Iker Muniain and Isco, both at 20 million euros.
From the evidence of the tournament so far, if a Premier League club, as seems likely, picks up Thiago and Isco for these sort of fees, they will secure some of the greatest talents in world football for scandalously low prices.
Whether David De Gea would leave Manchester United for 17 million euros is questionable whilst Inigo Martinez and Asier Illarramendi don’t even make the list as their prices are said to be just 5 million euros each due to “contractual pricing”.
It seems likely that a lot of these player values could soar after just one game this evening…
- Updated: June 18, 2013