Graphic: Should Barcelona line up 3-4-3 for the second leg with AC Milan?
- March 7, 2013
As the first week of last 16 second leg Champions League ties comes to a close, all eyes are now starting to drift towards next Tuesday’s games.
Despite the fact Schalke-Galatasaray is locked at 1-1, it is fair to say the globe will be watching to see if Barcelona can turn around their 2-0 deficit against AC Milan next Tuesday evening at the Nou Camp.
In Barcelona they are fretting after a listless display in the San Siro and two El Clasico defeats to Real Madrid.
It is fair to say Lionel Messi and the rest of the Barcelona first XI have looked tired and results suggest they are missing the leadership of coach Tito Vilanova.
The progression of Real Madrid to the Champions League quarter-finals has only heightened the fear in Barcelona and various suggestions are being put forward for the second leg with AC Milan.
Earlier this week we detailed the suggestion that Barcelona bring in the top scorer in Spain’s second division: Gerard Deulofeu.
Today, El Mundo Deportivo splash with the idea that Barcelona should play 3-4-3 to get back into the tie with the following XI: Valdés, Adriano, Puyol, Alba, Pique, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Tello, Villa and Pedro.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi