Graphic: Should Barcelona line up 3-4-3 for the second leg with AC Milan?
- March 7, 2013
As the first week of last 16 second leg Champions League ties comes to a close, all eyes are now starting to drift towards next Tuesday’s games.
Despite the fact Schalke-Galatasaray is locked at 1-1, it is fair to say the globe will be watching to see if Barcelona can turn around their 2-0 deficit against AC Milan next Tuesday evening at the Nou Camp.
In Barcelona they are fretting after a listless display in the San Siro and two El Clasico defeats to Real Madrid.
It is fair to say Lionel Messi and the rest of the Barcelona first XI have looked tired and results suggest they are missing the leadership of coach Tito Vilanova.
The progression of Real Madrid to the Champions League quarter-finals has only heightened the fear in Barcelona and various suggestions are being put forward for the second leg with AC Milan.
Earlier this week we detailed the suggestion that Barcelona bring in the top scorer in Spain’s second division: Gerard Deulofeu.
Today, El Mundo Deportivo splash with the idea that Barcelona should play 3-4-3 to get back into the tie with the following XI: Valdés, Adriano, Puyol, Alba, Pique, Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, Tello, Villa and Pedro.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...