- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
GRAPHIC: Arsenal’s strength in depth mapped out in two possible starting XIs
As the new Premier League season moves ever closer, fans are beginning to assess to strength in depth in their squads before the kick-off.
For Arsenal the outlook seems to be very promising following a summer which has seen Arsene Wenger surprisingly spend early money in the transfer window.
Alexis Sanchez is the big named star to join the Emirates, while Mathieu Debuchy has offset the departure of Bacary Sagna, and Calum Chambers is another big-money signing in defence.
Add into that mix the signing of David Ospina in goal and Joel Campbell’s return to the club after several years on loan, and suddenly Arsenal begin to look very strong indeed.
Analyse Arsenal’s strength in depth in two possible starting XIs mapped out below, and it’s worth noting that Lukas Podolski, Abou Diaby and Tomas Rosicky are also in Arsenal’s squad.
- Updated: August 5, 2014