Graham Hunter reports that Chelsea & Barcelona have agreed a fee for Cesc Fabregas [Talksport Audio]
- June 3, 2014
Talksport got a hold of Spanish football expert Graham Hunter this afternoon all the way from Brazil, to talk the World Cup, and more than anything, Cesc Fabregas.
Hunter told the lads back in the studio that he’s been lead to believe that Cesc’s move to the Premier League is already advanced; very advanced: Chelsea and Barcelona have agreed a fee, and put a ‘payment structure’ in place for the Catalan midfielder, he says.
Speaking of the intrigue around the move, Hunter expressed surprise that Fabregas would want to work with Mourinho after their Clasico history:
“There were times when Mourinho was with [Real] Madrid that Fabregas was – although articulate – very critical of Mourinho’s behaviour. That can change, huge wages can make you work for different people.”
Hunter claims the driving force behind Barcelona’s desire to sell Fabregas is in order to raise the required funds for Koke’s buyout clause at Atletico.
“The reason Barcelona want to sell Fabregas is they want to spend €60million on buying Koke out of his clause at Atletico Madrid.
Wrapping up the discussion, asked by the guys in the studio for a 1 word answer on where Fabregas will end up, Hunter emphatically replied: ‘Chelsea‘.
Listen to Graham Hunter talk Cesc Fabregas’ mooted move to Chelsea on Talksport here.
Watch Sepp Blatter quit as FIFA President
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]