- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Gossip that Arsenal have bid €45m for Karim Benzema starts spreading [Futbol Mercado]
- Updated: August 11, 2013
This is how you get a transfer rumour started.
Grow yourself a large Twitter following. Think about which clubs need certain players, and then write some transfer guff without any back-up evidence and watch people retweet your message.
Within the space of about ten minutes as full-fledged transfer lie has taken hold.
That seems to have happened again on Sunday afternoon, as Spanish Twitter handle Futbol Mercado, who have a quarter of a million followers, announced that Arsenal have bid €45m for Real Madrid’s Karim Benzema.
Links between Arsenal and Benzema aren’t new. Last week French newspaper Le 10 Sport claimed, identically, that Arsenal are considering a £39m bid for the Real Madrid having been thwarted in their efforts to sign Liverpool’s Luis Suarez.
Now, of course, there is the outside chance the any negativity towards the Arsenal-Benzema story is misplaced. That said, most Gunners fans who have heard the rumour have been quick to dismiss it as nonsense.
A series of responses from Arsenal fans to the gossip that the Gunners have bid €45m for Karim Benzema are below.
— Michael Keshani (@RoamingLibero) August 11, 2013
Karim Benzema arriving for his medical at Arsenal pic.twitter.com/dVILsSitWR
— Jay Cole ™® (@TaTH_JaY_OaN) August 11, 2013