- Layvin Kurzawa denies rumour Manchester City invited him to Bayern game, watched CL at home
- A sinister Bruce Grobelaar says Simon Mignolet is Liverpool’s problem: ‘He let in 52 goals!’
- Frank Lampard post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘It was a special night, but we’re not there yet’ [Video]
- Brilliant! BVB coach Jurgen Klopp laughs hysterically to the bemusement of journos [Video]
- Gallas? John Terry post Schalke 0 – Chelsea 5: ‘William’ [sic] was different class’ [Video]
Gooner starts #FreeSuarez Twitter account & petition in ambitious bid to get Liverpool striker to Arsenal
— Empire of the Kop (@empireofthekop) March 3, 2014
With the news that Liverpool owner John Henry gambled on Arsenal not taking the Reds to court over their finagling of the Suarez bid last summer, some Arsenal fans have been left in disbelief.
Feeling much aggrieved that they were ‘wrongfully’ denied Suarez, a group of Arsenal fans have started a petition, via the Twitter account FreeSuarez, whose bio reads, ‘Luis Suarez is being kept at Liverpool ILLEGALLY! #FreeSuarez Please sign the petition, together we can save Suarez’ career.
The anonymous Gooner claims he already has 500 signatures, and that Suarez’s signature for Arsenal is imminent.
Predictably, Liverpool fans are scoffing at the outlandishness of it all, and have let their feelings be known on Twitter.
— Marco Lopes (@Footy_MarcoL) March 3, 2014
Dear Arsenal fans, when I said "you can't get anymore pathetic" that wasn't a challenge #FreeSuarez
— Manchesterholic (@TarekTamo) March 3, 2014
This #FreeSuarez stuff is genuinely brilliant. Haven't laughed this much in ages.
— Simon Furnivall (@SFurnivall) March 3, 2014
— Karl (@Karlton81) March 3, 2014
#FreeSuarez All the best, lads.
— ….. (@MercyRuled) March 3, 2014
— KOPVIEW (@KopView) March 3, 2014
haha Arsenal fans are sickenly desperate.Why would Suarez even want to go there, we're the better team.& higher in the league. #FreeSuarez
— Daniel Clark (@baconface_) March 3, 2014
Cringing for each and every Arsenal fan around the world
- Updated: March 3, 2014