- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
- Jose Mourinho tells Talksport he was ‘inches away’ from signing Thierry Henry – for Barça!
- Spurs’ Emmanuel Adebayor posts tribute to Thierry Henry with picture of pair from Arsenal days
Gonzalo Higuain’s father says negotiations with Arsenal are very advanced [TuttoMercato]
Both Marca and AS are carrying quotes via TuttoMercato this Wednesday evening that suggest Gonzalo Higuain’s long mooted move to Arsenal is close.
According to Jorge Higuain, father of the Argentine hitman, “nothing is signed yet, but negotiations are well advanced.”
Arsenal’s move for Gonzalo Higuain has seemingly been in the pipeline for weeks now and their main rivals for the striker, Juventus, appear to have pulled out after signing Carlos Tevez.
AS add that Jorge Higuain is now in London talking with Arsenal, so that a deal can swiftly be put together once the Gunners and Real Madrid agree a fee.
Jorge Higuain also said: “We have not talked about a contract, that will come when there is a transfer agreement between the clubs.”
There had been suggestions earlier on this evening, via Marca, that Carlo Ancelotti was keen to keep Higuain at the Bernabeu.
To add to the confusion, there are also claims that Jorge Higuain’s quotes have simply been rehashed from a few weeks ago by TuttoMercato.
What seems clear is that Arsene Wenger’s Arsenal are currently the only club in for Higuain and that if they can agree a fee with Los Blancos, the Gunners should get their man.
- Updated: July 3, 2013