Gonzalo Higuain training alone as he waits for Arsenal move, AS say deal will happen this week
- July 7, 2013
Its turned into a traditional long-running transfer saga but AS reports this Sunday morning that a deal for Gonzalo Higuain is close and the Argentine wants to play for Arsene Wenger’s side next season.
After returning from holiday in Miami on Thursday, Higuain has been training alone to get in the best possible shape for next season.
Higuain has decided he wants to play for Arsenal and is simply waiting for Real Madrid and the Gunners to agree a fee, according to the Madrid based daily.
The Argentine hitman has been going on daily runs and been working in the gym with Arsenal hopeful of a deal in the coming days, ahead of their Asia Tour which they leave for on Friday.
Real Madrid are holding out for between 30 and 35 million euros for Higuain – any amount lower than that and Florentino Perez refuses to sell.
AS add that an agreement between Arsenal and Higuain has been sealed for several days. Jorge Higuain, Gonzalo’s father, was in London last week where he agreed a 6.2 million euro wage per year at the Emirates.
Gonzalo Higuain will become the highest paid player at Arsenal, once his move is completed.
If the transfer is 30 million euros or above, Higuain’s former club River Plate will receive 750,000 euros of the transfer fee.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]