Gonzalo Higuain heading to London to sign for Arsenal, agrees 3-year-deal on £100k a week
Widespread reports in Argentina on Thursday confirm that Gonzalo Higuain is heading to Arsenal to finally sign for the north London giants.
The long mooted move looks set to be completed after Arsenal agreed a 23 million pound fee with Real Madrid.
Los Blancos were holding out for 25 million pounds, Arsenal’s initial bid was 21 million and it looks like the clubs settled on 23 million.
Juventus, the only other club interested, had pulled out after bringing in Fernando Llorente and Carlos Tevez, leaving the way clear for Arsene Wenger’s side to wrap up the deal.
Both Fox Sports Argentina and the website Canchellena have revealed that Higuain will earn 100,000 pounds a week at the Emirates – ensuring parity with the high earners at Arsenal such as Theo Walcott.
‘We received permission from Real Madrid to negotiate face to face with Arsenal and luckily soon I will see my son in the Premier League,” announced Jorge Higuain, Gonzalo’s father.
Perhaps the most surprising angle of the reports in Argentina, is that Higuain has reportedly signed on for just three seasons at Arsenal.
This is unlikely to be revealed by the Premier League side, who almost always announce new signings have agreed “long term contracts.”
Nevertheless, this will be a huge boost for Arsenal in the coming season, with a proven goal scorer heading to the Emirates.
Gonzalo Higuain is now on his way to London, according to various reports in Argentina. The deal is expected to be complete on Friday.
Watch Live Stream
- Hector Bellerin & Dele Alli take on 5-shot challenge with Copa 90 (Videos)October 27, 2016
- This is the most ridiculous Mesut Ozil transfer story you’re going to read todayOctober 27, 2016
- Man United and Liverpool stars called up to Holland squadOctober 27, 2016
- Spanish media announce bad news concerning Arsenal’s Lucas PerezOctober 27, 2016
- “It hurts me” – Diego Maradona discusses Gonzalo Higuain transfer from Napoli to JuventusOctober 10, 2016
- Golazo: Gonzalo Higuain scored a cracking volley in Juve’s 3-1 win v Sassuolo (Video)September 11, 2016
- Man United & Chelsea feature in 20 most overpriced transfers of the summer [Graphic]September 5, 2016
- Gonzalo Higuain scores Juventus winner 9 minutes into debut v Fiorentina (Official video)August 20, 2016