Gonzalo Higuain feels move to Arsenal has been complicated by Luis Suarez bid [Marca]
- July 9, 2013
The ongoing transfer speculation involving a possible move for Gonzalo Higuain from Real Madrid to Arsenal appears to be playing out in the media.
On Sunday evening, reports broke in England that Arsenal had lodged a 30 million pound bid for Liverpool striker Luis Suarez, with many predicting this was an attempt from the Gunners to shift the position of Gonzalo Higuain’s selling club Real Madrid.
Marca have again splashed with a small bit of information on Arsenal’s bid for the Argentine striker through a reliable source: Gonzalo Higuaín’s biographer Ulises Sánchez-Flor.
The Marca scribe suggests Higuain feels the deal has now become “complicated” and that he is now “confused” about a potential move to the Emirates.
Sánchez-Flor then asks: “If Arsenal really want Higuain, why has it not made a similar offer to Real Madrid as it did for Luis Suárez?”
Yesterday, Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insisted no offer had been made from Arsenal for Higuain. But there are suggestions the Gunners had bid 27 million euros with Los Blancos holding out for at least 30 million euros.
Higuain is already back in training and will meet with new coach Carlo Ancelotti on Monday, when the Real Madrid squad return from their summer holidays next week.
Ancelotti reportedly wants to keep Higuain at the Bernabeu and will urge him to reject the advances of Arsenal.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...