Golazo! The first goal to beat ex-England goalie David James in Iceland was an absolute stunner
- May 14, 2013
Former England international, Watford, Liverpool, West Ham and Portsmouth goalie David James had conceded his first goal in Iceland.
Now 42-years-old, James recently joined Icelandic first divisioners Sigurhringur IBV to become assistant coach to manager Hermann Hreidarsson, and the first two rounds of the Úrvalsdeild season have seen the Englishman start in goal.
In round one IBV beat IA, and last weekend Hreidarsson’s charges claimed a 4-1 win over Breidablik to go second in the table.
Although David James lost his clean sheet record in the Breidablik win, the goal he conceded could barely have been better.
From a training-ground made corner routine midway in the second half, Breidablik played the ball to Kristinn Jónsson on the edge of the area, and the midfielder laced a stunner shot into the far top corner.
Watch Kristinn Jónsson’s golazo against David James here (click on the play button on the right hand side), along with a clip of James getting involved in the ring-a-ring-a-roses post match celebration with his IBV teammates.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]