Goalie Gaston Sessa (Boca Unidos) sent off for kicking a ball at a ballboy’s head
- October 27, 2012
Saturday was a bad day for Boca Unidos goalie Gaston Sessa at Independiente Rivadavia.
The 39-year-old keeper conceded three goals in an away beating that kept his team in the bottom half of the table, however his match was personally ruined in the 87th minute when he was sent off in a crazy incident.
After waiting a few seconds for a ball to be thrown from the stands, keeper Gaston Sessa was tossed another ball by a ballboy standing just behind the touchline.
For some bizarre reason Sessa seemed to be insulted by the ballboy’s actions, and like a mentalist he proceeded to smack that ball right in the kid’s head.
The weirdness continued as Sessa then completely ignored the assault and restarted the match with a goal kick, only for the ballboy belatedly fall to the floor in agony. Seconds later the veteran stopper was sent off.
Watch the madness below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”252453″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi