- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
Goalie Gaston Sessa (Boca Unidos) sent off for kicking a ball at a ballboy’s head
Saturday was a bad day for Boca Unidos goalie Gaston Sessa at Independiente Rivadavia.
The 39-year-old keeper conceded three goals in an away beating that kept his team in the bottom half of the table, however his match was personally ruined in the 87th minute when he was sent off in a crazy incident.
After waiting a few seconds for a ball to be thrown from the stands, keeper Gaston Sessa was tossed another ball by a ballboy standing just behind the touchline.
For some bizarre reason Sessa seemed to be insulted by the ballboy’s actions, and like a mentalist he proceeded to smack that ball right in the kid’s head.
The weirdness continued as Sessa then completely ignored the assault and restarted the match with a goal kick, only for the ballboy belatedly fall to the floor in agony. Seconds later the veteran stopper was sent off.
Watch the madness below.
- Updated: October 27, 2012