- Jermain Defoe’s dream five-a-side team features Luka Modric and Steven Gerrard [Video]
- Man United target Aymeric Laporte wants move but Bilbao won’t sell for less than £31m buy-out clause
- Real Madrid unveil new signing Lucas Silva to the media [Video]
- Victor Valdes makes his first Man United appearance for the U21s vs Liverpool U21s [Vine]
- Robin van Persie: Scoring five goals against Cambridge isn’t easy but we must make our own luck
Goal On Debut: Wellington Paulista scores in West Ham U21s win over Arsenal
Wellington Paulista has started life at West Ham with a bang.
The 29-year-old Brazilian forward signed for the Hammers a couple of weeks ago, and earlier this week the Cruzeiro loanee opened his account for the Irons’ in a 2-0 away win against Arsenal.
Wellington Paulista got the first goal of the game as he headed a corner home in the first half. Matthias Fanimo grabbed the second for the Hammers.
After the match Wellington Paulista told reporters:
I am very happy to have scored a goal in my first game in a West Ham shirt. It wasn’t in the Premier League, because I’m still in preparation. I enjoyed my run out in the game and I’m getting closer to my debut with the first-team. It may even happen against Swansea this weekend. I am eager and hopeful ahead of my first start.
Watch Wellington Paulista’s first West Ham goal v Arsenal below.
- Updated: January 30, 2013