Goal On Debut: Wellington Paulista scores in West Ham U21s win over Arsenal
- January 30, 2013
Wellington Paulista has started life at West Ham with a bang.
The 29-year-old Brazilian forward signed for the Hammers a couple of weeks ago, and earlier this week the Cruzeiro loanee opened his account for the Irons’ in a 2-0 away win against Arsenal.
Wellington Paulista got the first goal of the game as he headed a corner home in the first half. Matthias Fanimo grabbed the second for the Hammers.
After the match Wellington Paulista told reporters:
I am very happy to have scored a goal in my first game in a West Ham shirt. It wasn’t in the Premier League, because I’m still in preparation. I enjoyed my run out in the game and I’m getting closer to my debut with the first-team. It may even happen against Swansea this weekend. I am eager and hopeful ahead of my first start.
Watch Wellington Paulista’s first West Ham goal v Arsenal below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi