- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Goal of the Season: Aaron King’s 40-yard ballistic missile (Rushden & Diamonds) v Oadby
- April 2, 2013
This. Is. Awesome.
Tucked away in the vast expanse of British non-league football, last Saturday’s United Counties League, Division One match-up between AFC Rushden & Diamonds and Oadby Town was a ripper.
The two promotion hopefuls tied a thriller 2-2, whilst Rushden & Diamonds midfielder Aaron King contributed one of the goals of the season with a golazo from way, way out.
With Oadby 2-1 up as the hour mark passed, midfielder Aaron King levelled for the hosts with a disgracefully good strike.
After receiving a lay-off from Jake Newman 40-yards from goal, King took the ballsy decision to have a crack on goal from fully 40-yards out and his effort was incredible as he reeled off a ballistic missile which soared into the Oadby top corner.
Sit back & enjoy Aaron King’s goal of the season contender.