Goal of the Season: Aaron King’s 40-yard ballistic missile (Rushden & Diamonds) v Oadby
- April 2, 2013
This. Is. Awesome.
Tucked away in the vast expanse of British non-league football, last Saturday’s United Counties League, Division One match-up between AFC Rushden & Diamonds and Oadby Town was a ripper.
The two promotion hopefuls tied a thriller 2-2, whilst Rushden & Diamonds midfielder Aaron King contributed one of the goals of the season with a golazo from way, way out.
With Oadby 2-1 up as the hour mark passed, midfielder Aaron King levelled for the hosts with a disgracefully good strike.
After receiving a lay-off from Jake Newman 40-yards from goal, King took the ballsy decision to have a crack on goal from fully 40-yards out and his effort was incredible as he reeled off a ballistic missile which soared into the Oadby top corner.
Sit back & enjoy Aaron King’s goal of the season contender.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi