GLT in the Bundesliga anyone? Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim) disallowed goal v Nurnberg
The opening day of the Bundesliga featured a controversial incident in the 2-2 draw between Hoffenheim and Nurnberg, suggesting the German top division may well be behind the times.
Hoffenheim were 1-0 up when a ball was played over the top to Kevin Volland who chipped the keeper with plenty of spin on the ball.
After the ball had beaten Raphael Schäfer – it spun furiously over the line and then back out again.
Video replays quickly showed it went over the line but goal line technology, which will be implemented in the Premier League this season, is not being used in the Bundesliga.
Hoffenheim did eventually go 2-0 up before Nurnberg brought it back to 2-2.
Picture and video below.
- Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim) scores fastest ever Bundesliga goal v Bayern Munich (officia...
- Leeds 1 – Hoffenheim 2: Tom Adeyemi scored his first goal for the Whites (Highlig...
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino poses with club jersey [Pictures]
- All of new Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino’s assists since 2012 [video]
- The worst penalty shoot-out ever took place in Germany this week: Aalen v Nurnberg (Video)
- Arsenal miss out again! Josip Drmic is leaving Nurnberg to join Bayer Leverkusen for €6...
- Lothar Matthäus insists: Josip Drmic will join Arsenal this summer for €4.5m [Blick]
- Official Bundesliga video of Arsenal target Josip Drmic’s top 5 goals