- “Gareth Bale has given the green light to sign for Man United next summer” [Sunday Express]
- Real Madrid post YouTube video of Club World Cup celebrations
- Cristiano Ronaldo appeared to snub Michel Platini after the Club World Cup final
- Carlo Ancelotti equals Alex Ferguson & Pep Guardiola trophy haul after Real Madrid win the CWC
- Real Madrid 2 – San Lorenzo 0: Sergio Ramos & Gareth Bale win the Club World Cup [Highlights]
GLT in the Bundesliga anyone? Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim) disallowed goal v Nurnberg
The opening day of the Bundesliga featured a controversial incident in the 2-2 draw between Hoffenheim and Nurnberg, suggesting the German top division may well be behind the times.
Hoffenheim were 1-0 up when a ball was played over the top to Kevin Volland who chipped the keeper with plenty of spin on the ball.
After the ball had beaten Raphael Schäfer – it spun furiously over the line and then back out again.
Video replays quickly showed it went over the line but goal line technology, which will be implemented in the Premier League this season, is not being used in the Bundesliga.
Hoffenheim did eventually go 2-0 up before Nurnberg brought it back to 2-2.
Picture and video below.
- Updated: August 11, 2013