GLT in the Bundesliga anyone? Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim) disallowed goal v Nurnberg
- August 11, 2013
The opening day of the Bundesliga featured a controversial incident in the 2-2 draw between Hoffenheim and Nurnberg, suggesting the German top division may well be behind the times.
Hoffenheim were 1-0 up when a ball was played over the top to Kevin Volland who chipped the keeper with plenty of spin on the ball.
After the ball had beaten Raphael Schäfer – it spun furiously over the line and then back out again.
Video replays quickly showed it went over the line but goal line technology, which will be implemented in the Premier League this season, is not being used in the Bundesliga.
Hoffenheim did eventually go 2-0 up before Nurnberg brought it back to 2-2.
Picture and video below.
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino poses with club jersey [Pictures]
- All of new Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino’s assists since 2012 [video]
- Ryan Babel predicts Liverpool fans will love Roberto Firmino [Instagram]
- A statistical comparison of Raheem Sterling & Liverpool new boy Roberto Firmino [W...
- Liverpool agree a deal with Hoffenheim to sign Roberto Firmino [Sky Sports]
- Liverpool hold talks with Roberto Firmino and two other top class strikers [SSN]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi