GLT in the Bundesliga anyone? Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim) disallowed goal v Nurnberg
- August 11, 2013
The opening day of the Bundesliga featured a controversial incident in the 2-2 draw between Hoffenheim and Nurnberg, suggesting the German top division may well be behind the times.
Hoffenheim were 1-0 up when a ball was played over the top to Kevin Volland who chipped the keeper with plenty of spin on the ball.
After the ball had beaten Raphael Schäfer – it spun furiously over the line and then back out again.
Video replays quickly showed it went over the line but goal line technology, which will be implemented in the Premier League this season, is not being used in the Bundesliga.
Hoffenheim did eventually go 2-0 up before Nurnberg brought it back to 2-2.
Picture and video below.
- Kevin Volland (Hoffenheim) scores fastest ever Bundesliga goal v Bayern Munich (officia...
- Leeds 1 – Hoffenheim 2: Tom Adeyemi scored his first goal for the Whites (Highlig...
- New Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino poses with club jersey [Pictures]
- All of new Liverpool signing Roberto Firmino’s assists since 2012 [video]
- Ryan Babel predicts Liverpool fans will love Roberto Firmino [Instagram]
- A statistical comparison of Raheem Sterling & Liverpool new boy Roberto Firmino [W...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...