- Awesome Fan Footage of Wayne Rooney & Van Persie goals from Manchester United 3 – Newcastle 1
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers: ‘Raheem Sterling is learning the striker role quickly’ [Video]
- Man Utd boss Louis van Gaal: ‘I can now play Wayne Rooney in midfield or as a striker’ [Video]
- Alessio Cerci agrees to join Milan, paving way for Fernando Torres to return to Atletico Madrid [Sky Italia]
- Awkward! Flamini thought he’d won MOTM until he was told to give it to Alexis Sanchez [Vine]
GLT anyone? Celtic’s Teemu Pukki had perfectly good goal disallowed for Finland v Georgia
New Celtic forward Teemu Pukki was on the recieving end of a pretty poor decision on Tuesday night and was yet another indication that international football needs goal line technology.
Finland won 1-0 in Georgia in a World Cup qualifier but should have been awarded a 2-0 win as Teemu Pukki scored a perfectly good goal in the final ten minutes.
Referee Leontios Trattou failed to see that the ball crossed the line but picture evidence (above) and video (below) quickly showed that it clearly went in.
Luckily it did not affect the result but had Georgia gone up the other end and equalised…
- Updated: September 10, 2013