- Nicely done! Nene gets in on the act by scooping the ball over the goalkeeper [Video]
- Ice-cold! Paul Pogba chugs like a train in his penalty shoot-out run-up for Juventus v Napoli [Video]
- Neymar sets up Kaka goal by leaving ball on the goal-line! [Video]
- Napoli beat Juventus on penalties to win the Italian Super Cup [Highlights]
- Neymar mocks opponent with outrageous skills and a banana cushion thrown from crowd [Video]
GLT Anyone? Andrea Pirlo ‘goal’ (Juventus) v Parma
UPDATE: On receiving new picture evidence, 101GG retracts the earlier negativity towards the following incident.
We are huge supporters for the introduction of goalline technology, but sometimes you’ve got to give referee’s their dues.
Saturday night in Italy saw Juventus open their Serie A account with a 2-0 win over Parma, but there was huge controversy over the Bianconeri’s second goal of the match.
In the 58th minute Andrea Pirlo drove a free-kick at Antonio Mirante’s goal, but the Parma shotstopper got down low to save the ball on the goalline. Interestingly, Juve defender Leonardo Bonucci was stood directly over the keeper when he stopped the shot, and the number two made no immediate gestures as if the ball had crossed the line. But then the fourth official took over.
Standing three yards away from the incident with a perfect view of the goalline, the fourth official awarded a goal even though the call was terrifically difficult to see. Picture evidence appears to have proven that Pirlo’s shot crossed the line, and thus credit should be showered on the official for his bold decision.
Watch Andrea Pirlo’s goal below.
- Updated: August 25, 2012