GLT anyone? Anatoliy Tymoshchuk’s disallowed screamer for Bayern at Augsburg
- December 19, 2012
It wasn’t just the sending off of Franck Ribery that set the pulses racing during Bayern Munich’s DFB Pokal win over Augsburg on Tuesday night.
Bayern’s Ukranian midfielder Anatoliy Tymoshchuk was denied scoring a screamer by the lack of goal line technology.
Granted, it wasn’t easy to see, but had the technology that is prevalent in tennis and cricket available, Bayern would have been awarded a goal for Tymoshchuk’s thunder bolt.
Despite the testing of goal line technology at the recent Club World Cup, without any major incidents, its absolutely crazy that the most popular sport on the planet is still lagging so far behind.
The clip below also shows the manic seconds after Tymoshchuk’s long ranger, including a wonder save from former Arsenal keeper Alex Manninger and Mario Gomez hitting the woodwork.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278950″]
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...