GLT anyone? Anatoliy Tymoshchuk’s disallowed screamer for Bayern at Augsburg
- December 19, 2012
It wasn’t just the sending off of Franck Ribery that set the pulses racing during Bayern Munich’s DFB Pokal win over Augsburg on Tuesday night.
Bayern’s Ukranian midfielder Anatoliy Tymoshchuk was denied scoring a screamer by the lack of goal line technology.
Granted, it wasn’t easy to see, but had the technology that is prevalent in tennis and cricket available, Bayern would have been awarded a goal for Tymoshchuk’s thunder bolt.
Despite the testing of goal line technology at the recent Club World Cup, without any major incidents, its absolutely crazy that the most popular sport on the planet is still lagging so far behind.
The clip below also shows the manic seconds after Tymoshchuk’s long ranger, including a wonder save from former Arsenal keeper Alex Manninger and Mario Gomez hitting the woodwork.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278950″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...