- Andy Tate post Chelsea defeat: Man United will win the PL next season [video]
- Wayne Rooney: Chelsea know how to get referee on their side [video]
- Huge Odds! Back Man City to beat West Ham at 3/1 + money back if you lose!!!
- Jose Mourinho annoyed with John Terry after Chelsea 1 – Man United 0 [video]
- Alexis Sanchez & Mesut Ozil celebrate Arsenal 2 – Reading 1 on Instagram
GLT anyone? Anatoliy Tymoshchuk’s disallowed screamer for Bayern at Augsburg
- December 19, 2012
It wasn’t just the sending off of Franck Ribery that set the pulses racing during Bayern Munich’s DFB Pokal win over Augsburg on Tuesday night.
Bayern’s Ukranian midfielder Anatoliy Tymoshchuk was denied scoring a screamer by the lack of goal line technology.
Granted, it wasn’t easy to see, but had the technology that is prevalent in tennis and cricket available, Bayern would have been awarded a goal for Tymoshchuk’s thunder bolt.
Despite the testing of goal line technology at the recent Club World Cup, without any major incidents, its absolutely crazy that the most popular sport on the planet is still lagging so far behind.
The clip below also shows the manic seconds after Tymoshchuk’s long ranger, including a wonder save from former Arsenal keeper Alex Manninger and Mario Gomez hitting the woodwork.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278950″]