- How’s my driving? Sergio Busquets startles Barcelona teammates Lionel Messi and Gerard Pique [Video]
- Alvaro Arbeloa says he doesn’t understand Platini’s problem and endorses Ronaldo to retain Ballon d’Or
- Flashback Friday! Niall Quinn and Kevin Philips combine to help Sunderland thump Chelsea [Video]
- Fight! River celebrate at the final whistle while Boca players clash with pitch-invading fans [Video]
- Lionel Messi sits shotgun as Gerard Pique test drives a new Audi in reckless fashion [Video]
GLT anyone? Anatoliy Tymoshchuk’s disallowed screamer for Bayern at Augsburg
It wasn’t just the sending off of Franck Ribery that set the pulses racing during Bayern Munich’s DFB Pokal win over Augsburg on Tuesday night.
Bayern’s Ukranian midfielder Anatoliy Tymoshchuk was denied scoring a screamer by the lack of goal line technology.
Granted, it wasn’t easy to see, but had the technology that is prevalent in tennis and cricket available, Bayern would have been awarded a goal for Tymoshchuk’s thunder bolt.
Despite the testing of goal line technology at the recent Club World Cup, without any major incidents, its absolutely crazy that the most popular sport on the planet is still lagging so far behind.
The clip below also shows the manic seconds after Tymoshchuk’s long ranger, including a wonder save from former Arsenal keeper Alex Manninger and Mario Gomez hitting the woodwork.
- Updated: December 19, 2012