GLT anyone? Anatoliy Tymoshchuk’s disallowed screamer for Bayern at Augsburg
- December 19, 2012
It wasn’t just the sending off of Franck Ribery that set the pulses racing during Bayern Munich’s DFB Pokal win over Augsburg on Tuesday night.
Bayern’s Ukranian midfielder Anatoliy Tymoshchuk was denied scoring a screamer by the lack of goal line technology.
Granted, it wasn’t easy to see, but had the technology that is prevalent in tennis and cricket available, Bayern would have been awarded a goal for Tymoshchuk’s thunder bolt.
Despite the testing of goal line technology at the recent Club World Cup, without any major incidents, its absolutely crazy that the most popular sport on the planet is still lagging so far behind.
The clip below also shows the manic seconds after Tymoshchuk’s long ranger, including a wonder save from former Arsenal keeper Alex Manninger and Mario Gomez hitting the woodwork.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”278950″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi