Glen Johnson is absolutely panned by Liverpool fans for display v Man United
RT FOR SLOTH – FAV FOR GLEN JOHNSON! pic.twitter.com/XTqncoIkjW
— #YNWA (@14LFC) August 5, 2014
Watching Glen Johnson play for Liverpool against Manchester United in Miami, you can understand why Brendan Rodgers is so keen on reinforcing the full back positions at Anfield.
By all accounts, Spaniards Javier Manquillo and Alberto Moreno will be brought in by Liverpool this week, giving Rodgers much more depth on both the right and left sides of defence.
Johnson played as the left back in Liverpool’s 3-1 defeat to Manchester United in Miami on Monday and was woeful.
Martin Kelly was the designated right back, pushing Johnson over to the left, nevertheless the England full back had a woeful match.
Hours after Liverpool’s 3-1 defeat to Manchester United, Glen Johnson was still trending on Twitter with Liverpool supporters irate about his performance in the friendly match.
The fact Johnson only has one year left on his contract cannot be helping his cause, but some of the vitriol is well out of order.
— Charles Wood (@CharlesWood09) August 5, 2014
Wow! Glen Johnson's heat map for tonight really pinpoints Liverpool's weaknesses. pic.twitter.com/RhMPwi38FO
— Mike (@pyskick) August 5, 2014
Glen Johnson's best position isnt RB. He look good in the centre imo. In the centre of the Ring of Shame.
— MamaSakho (@BanterpoolFC) August 5, 2014
After tonight, I hope we can all agree on one thing. Glen Johnson's best position is left back . . . . . . In the dressing room. #LFC
— Lazar (@jamie_kop) August 5, 2014
Should've gone to bed as soon as I was made aware Glen Johnson was playing at left back. Always go with your gut.
— The Stebie (@ThoseScouseLads) August 5, 2014
Nothing to get upset about this game told us what we knew, we need a forward, a left back, right back and a shotgun for Glen Johnson
— Jamie Funnell (@funnellboi) August 5, 2014
Dear Brendan Rodgers, Please get rid of Glen Johnson. Thanks
— Christopher Lavelle (@Gitzer87) August 5, 2014
New pecking order Martin Kelly Dawn French Steven Spielberg The Pope Dead bird in me garden Sam Allerdyce The Queen Glen Johnson
— The Anfield Oracle (@AnfieldOracle2) August 5, 2014
Glen Johnson: 1) Bombs Forward as fast as he can. 2) takes a heavy touch / gets tackled. 3) Jogs lightly back as other team counter.
— Forza Liverpool (@LFCRelated) August 5, 2014
Please leave Liverpool @glen_johnson simply not good enough
— Scott (@ScottCDesign) August 5, 2014
We gotta cancel Glen Johnson's visa. Just leave him there.
— Lazza (@SoftFirstTouch) August 5, 2014
- Raheem Sterling trolls Liverpool fans with ‘Snakes on Plane’ Instagram post...
- Liverpool’s Robbie Fowler kicks out at Manchester United player …in charity...
- Harry Redknapp calls ‘bang average’ Liverpool side the worst he’s see...
- Liverpool midfielder James Milner scores a cracker in England training (video)
- AC Milan’s Mario Balotelli gets ‘assist’ with hangtime header for And...
- Spine: Steven Gerrard posts Instagram picture of a classic Liverpool team
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...
YOU MAY ALSO TRY SEARCHING
- Wayne Rooney tips Anthony Martial to be a Man United Great…even though he’d...
- Victor Valdes only named in Manchester United PL squad to conform to rules, still has n...
- Sergio Ramos trips Diego Costa at Spain training, coach has to tell them to calm down (...
- Lionel Messi scores brace in Argentina’s 7-0 win over Bolivia (Videos)