#GlazersOut trends worldwide over weekend as Manchester United fan unrest increases
- August 18, 2014
Manchester United’s shock defeat to Swansea in their Premier League opener has provoked serious unrest among United fans, with a loud majority now agitating for chief exec Ed Woodward to get out his cheque book and make some big signings before the transfer window closes.
But by Sunday, the discontent had moved on from Woodward, and was transferred onto the Glazer brothers, the American owners who have the club saddled in debt.
Fans began voicing their opinion on Twitter yesterday, and pretty soon #GlazersOut was trending worldwide, thanks to the tweets from the UK and that other Manchester United hotbed, New Dehli, India.
Funny how there wasn’t much talk of the Glazers during United’s pre-season tour, when they won all their friendlies.
One defeat and everyone suddenly turns on the Glazers once again!
Mumbai’s Slumdog Millionaires will be out protesting on the streets if something isn’t done quickly.
- Man United star Angel Di Maria says he wants to win the Champions League with PSG after...
- Louis Van Gaal offers Barcelona’s Pedro starring role in terrifying front three f...
- Barcelona want to hang on to Man United bound Pedro until European Super Cup
- Photoshoppers get Man United’s pitchfork-wielding Juan Mata to go on the rampage ...
- Why Man United fans should not be upset with PSG bound Angel Di Maria [Opinion]
- Ashley Young agrees a new 3-year Man United contract [ESPN]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi