#GlazersOut trends worldwide over weekend as Manchester United fan unrest increases
- August 18, 2014
Manchester United’s shock defeat to Swansea in their Premier League opener has provoked serious unrest among United fans, with a loud majority now agitating for chief exec Ed Woodward to get out his cheque book and make some big signings before the transfer window closes.
But by Sunday, the discontent had moved on from Woodward, and was transferred onto the Glazer brothers, the American owners who have the club saddled in debt.
Fans began voicing their opinion on Twitter yesterday, and pretty soon #GlazersOut was trending worldwide, thanks to the tweets from the UK and that other Manchester United hotbed, New Dehli, India.
Funny how there wasn’t much talk of the Glazers during United’s pre-season tour, when they won all their friendlies.
One defeat and everyone suddenly turns on the Glazers once again!
Mumbai’s Slumdog Millionaires will be out protesting on the streets if something isn’t done quickly.
- Man United preparing huge bid for Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos [Cope]
- Man United have staggering €140million bid for Real Madrid star Gareth Bale rejected [C...
- Man United to complete deal for Torino defender Matteo Darmian tomorrow [Di Marzio]
- Nani pens farewell letter to Manchester United on Instagram
- Fenerbahce in talks with Man United to sign Robin van Persie [Di Marzio]
- Man United deal for Torino full back Matteo Darmian very close [Sky Italia]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi