- Ex-Manchester United man Phil Neville: ‘Arsenal’s defenders can’t defend, Wenger’s responsibility’ [Video]
- ‘I believe we can do it’: Pellegrini’s presser pre-Manchester City v Bayern Munich [Video]
- Total Football! Ntep finishes beautiful Rennes team move v Guingamp [GIF]
- DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders) talks about his upcoming move to Spurs [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers potential sacking “not even a talking point” for Liverpool owners [BBC]
Glazers will back Manchester United manager David Moyes, for now [Telegraph & Star]
Throughout David Moyes’ tumultuous beginning to life at the helm of Manchester United, criticism has been widespread among fans, but there’s been little to no talk of discontent at board level.
The narrative stemming from the top has been one of patience and time for Moyes; but the first grumblings are now beginning to appear.
Both The Telegraph and The Star go with this angle on Friday, intimating that the Glazers will be backing Moyes, but only to a point.
Mark Ogden of the Telegraph sums it up, saying that if New York investors continue to walk away, then the bottom line may be the bottom line.
With United’s share price plummeting on the NY Stock Exchange, Ogden argues that the Glazers’ patience will not be eternal, and that Moyes would be best advised sort out this crisis sooner rather than later.
- Updated: January 24, 2014